Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2006 04:46PM

I am a vegetarian, and I want to go raw. I have done some reading on it, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good raw food books that will really help me, as a beginner. I have the Raw Foods Resource Guide by Jeremy Safron, and I borrowed Raw food Real World by Mathew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis from the library. I would like to do a little more reading on it, so if anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it. Also if anyone can recommend any good raw foods cookbooks, that would be great. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw foods
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 23, 2006 05:51PM

If you're looking for a nice recipe book to start off with, I really like "Raw in Ten Minutes", all the recipes are easy to make. It always takes me longer than 10minutes, more like 20-40minutes depending on the dish and how many times I've made it before.

I've not read any raw philosophy/lifestyle books/sections, I've just been interested in recipes.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 24, 2006 01:10AM

Depending on what your interests are, Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens. It's a fairly large book,over 700 pages and includes recipes based on constitutions/doshas and by seasons. It includes scientific perspectives as well as some spiritual views.

Another of his books is Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine. It's contents are a much higher ratio of recipes than additional information than Conscious Eating. Recipes are based on the 3 different phases he outlines in the first part of the book

You may want to first check out Amazon or a bookstore to take a look at them.

The Boutenko's (rawfamily.com) also have a number of books that include recipes.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: innerview ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:39AM

Hi. I really enjoy Nomi Shannon's book, THe Raw Gourmet. Full of beautiful pictures, great recipes and useful information.
[rawgourmet.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables