Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foodie in Santa Fe, NM
Posted by: cdonavon ()
Date: July 22, 2011 07:06PM

I have flirted with the raw food lifestyle several times in the past, but have only gotten really serious about it recently. Have been eating about 80% fresh/raw for around 2 months now. I've lost weight, feel energized and don't have food cravings. The inflammation and pain in my right knee have lessened dramatically.
Glad I found this site. I'm always looking for new recipes and for support for my food choices. My dear husband eats the average American diet so I end up preparing two different meals, but I am not at all tempted to go back to my old eating habits. I just feel too good on the raw foods to give them up. Hoping for support on this site and sharing of ideas and experiences.
I'm fortunate to live in Santa Fe where there is a lot of consciousness around healthy eating. We have several health food stores, both local and national, as well as a lovely farmer's market and at least one restaurant that has great raw food selections on the menu (beyond the usual salads).
Would love to correspond with people around the country as well as outside the US.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foodie in Santa Fe, NM
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 24, 2011 03:50PM

Hi and welcome. You will find this is a fun website and has tons of info and lots of advice from people in all phases of raw foods and a search for a healthier lifestyle.

My son went to St. Johns College and I got to visit Santa Fe for a week during his graduation.

There's a movie I watched recently called Fat, Sick, and Dead Tired..it's about a couple of men looking to revamp their health status with healthy raw fruit and veggie drinks/smoothies. Maybe you and your hubby could watch it together. I found it on Netflix...maybe it's on youtube also.

Good luck and keep on posting..and visiting.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 26, 2011 02:45AM

I found that film on netflix and watched it this evening. Very inspiring. I have been thinking about doing a juice fast myself and watching this nudged me a little more in that direction. The only thing I don't really want to do is lose any more weight. I have already lost 34 lbs. just eating fresh and raw and I'm down to 122 lbs. While I would like to cleanse, I don't want to get below 120. Maybe I'll try a shorter fast, like 3 days, and see what the result is.

When was your son at St. John's? My niece is starting her second year in the fall. She grew up in New Jersey, but has fallen in love with Santa Fe. She even opted to stay here over the summer.

Thanks for your reply to my original post. It's nice to connect with others on the site.
Catherine

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 27, 2011 08:29PM

You could try adding an avocado to your smoothies for added calories.

My son graduated I believe in 2007. I'm terrible with dates.

There used to be a catering service in Santa Fe for raw foods. I don't know they are around any longer though. I used to think of buying some items from them and having them delivered to my son at college.

I have all the makings for smoothies, and green/carrot juices..so I'm trying to get to high raw a second time. It's so much harder the second time around.

Prism

Date: July 28, 2011 03:52PM

Thanks for the avocado suggestion. I usually eat an avocado a day. It would be great in the juice.
Catherine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables