Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

excited to change
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2006 07:50PM

Hello, I have been a vegetarian for about 6 or so years and I do not drink milk, eat eggs or fish and have been on a variety of cleanses and fasts. I am very very interested in the living and raw food diet but am stumped on how to ease my way into it and I do not have very much money. I know I will need a blender and a juicer but which do you think would be the best choice to start off with? My biggest problem however is that I live in big food household where not only does everyone eat meat, fish, and dairy but also has loads of home baking. I registered here in hope that I could recieve support on my transition as well as learn about all the food preparation methods and nutrition.

Another question...is it okay to stirfry vegetables? or at least steam? and How warm is soup allowed to be?

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: excited to change
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 01, 2006 10:09AM

I would say that a blender is much more useful than a juicer. When you blend you get all the goodness and fibre from the food, you can make smoothies, soups, sauces, dressings, etc in a blender. (I currently own a blender and a food processor but no juicer!)

The temperature you can warm food up to is about 110 F (37 C).

Frying food is never good, when you heat oil/fat it causes carcinogenic substances (cancer causing) to be created.

Whilest steaming food is not considered raw, there are no rules, do what works for you, especially during transition. Steaming food is probably the best form of cooking!

hope this helps

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables