Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New at this.
Posted by: Sandra2005 ()
Date: August 31, 2011 04:13AM

So my dr and I had decied for me to go raw after having my baby. My daughter is 9 weeks old and I want to better myself for her and to be healthy. In the end I want to lose 75-100lbs and to keep it off. and the amazing thing im getting my partner to do it with me too grinning smiley but we need help. we will be going shopping on sunday and need some ideas. Ive been eating alot more fruits and veggies since I saw my dr on friday, but what did everyone else do at first? please help it would be great to hear what you all have gone threw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New at this.
Posted by: Simply Holistic ()
Date: September 07, 2011 08:35AM

Hey, welcome. I'm new here and to raw as well. Thought I would be able to find support here as well.

That's awesome that your doctor recommended raw! I made a really tasty lasagna the other day. I got the majority of my ingredients from the farmer's market. I used this recipe:

[www.foodista.com]

and watched this for more info:

[www.youtube.com]

Jennifer

Posted by: cdonavon ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:36AM

Hi and welcome to the site. I think it is great that you have made this decision and that your doctor is supporting you. Not only will you and your partner improve your health, but you will be setting a wonderful example for your daughter as she grows up.
I'm sure everyone has a different story about how they got into the raw food lifestyle, but my advice to newbies is to transition gradually instead of trying to go completely raw all at once. The important thing for me was giving up all processed sugar and foods containing processed sugar or high frutose corn syrup. This means most prepared foods. If you read labels carefully you will be amazed at how many boxed, canned and frozen foods have sugar or corn syrup as a main ingredient. Just eliminating those foods meant eating more fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and whole grains.
After sugar I eliminated dairy and wheat. I was still eating some lean meat, mostly chicken and fish, but eventually I was able to eliminate those as well as I became more proficient at making delicious raw recipes.
There are a lot of wonderful books on the market with tips on transitioning into raw foods and great recipes. An excellent one for beginners is RAW FOOD: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day by Erica Palmerantz and Irmela Lilja. There are many more, as well as lots of info and recipes on the internet.
You are lucky that your partner is willing to go on this journey with you and support you in your goals. I wish you both the best of luck and would love to hear how you are doing.
Catherine in Santa Fe

Posted by: bnichols ()
Date: December 02, 2011 01:32AM

My mom has breast cancer and had been trying to go the natural way, so we bought the 10 day program family pack (can bring 1 friend of family member with you) for Brenda Cobbs Living Foods Institute, in Georgia.
Her tumor was getting too bad so we decided to go through with Chemo.
So now we have this package that we won't need, but need to sell to help pay for our hospital bills.
You would have until August of 2012 to use it.

Insert description from Brenda's webpage-
"Lily Course 5 Days 1100.00 + 500.00 for a friend.
This course includes Hands-On Recipe Preparation and Daily Classes on the topics of Emotional Healing, Herbs, Essential Oils, Superfoods, Hydration, Positive Mental Thinking, Stress Management, DNA Reprogramming, Cleansing and Detoxification. Also included are Organic Meals, Colon Cleansing Supplies, Training Manual, “Living Foods Lifestyle®” Book, & course completion certificate.

The therapies also included in the Lily Course are: 1 Colonic, 1 Footbath, 1 Metatron Mat, 5 Chi, 5 Medlight, 5 Rebounder, 30 Minute Phone Consultation with Brenda Cobb."
Brenda added 3 free therapies added on top of everything.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: May 08, 2012 03:31AM

Wow, I am glad to hear that there actually is a doctor who would recommend raw...gives us all hope that people are truly searching for an effective natural cure/approach.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables