Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello all!
Posted by: Simply Holistic ()
Date: September 06, 2011 08:48AM

I'm new to raw and hoping to be for sometime. I stopped eating animal products in 2004. I just recently came off of a 10 day cleansing fast and continued with all raw to keep cleansing. I'm really enjoying it, made my first raw lasagna, and hope to find like minded individual to keep me motivated. Any advice/tips for my journey would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Together we can seek out natural ways for you and your family to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Simply Holistic

Facebook

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello all!
Posted by: cdonavon ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:43AM

Welcome, Jennifer. This is a great site with lots of information and support. Whatever questions you might have there is sure to be someone here who can help you find the answer.
I wish you well on your journey.
Catherine

Posted by: Sandra1111 ()
Date: September 17, 2011 10:42PM

Hi Jennifer,

Here are a few things that help me stay on track.

1. Seek out fellow raw vegans in your area
2. Read as much as you can, my favorite authors being Dr. Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Ann Wigmore, Dr. Christopher Walker...these will lead you to others.
3. Experiment, don't be afraid to try something even if you don't think you'll like it, never know.
4. Try raw vegan recipes, tweak them to suit you.
5. Don't listen to others when they try to bring you down about the way you eat, it's your body, your health.
6. Seek out raw food restaurants for variety.
7. Be prepared. This one is good for those social situations or eating out ones. I bring my own dressing and then just order an all veggie salad.
8. Renew your committment everyday, it's a good way to connect to all the things you got into this in the first place.
9. Note things that are changing about your health and body and outlook, sometimes you don't notice it because it's gradual.
10. if you go back to eating the SAD (Standard American Diet) way don't beat yourself up about it, learn from it...how do you feel on this diet and the raw vegan one...it's an eye opener.
11. Listen to your body, it knows what it wants. As soon as you clear out the junk food your body will speak to you and it will gravitate towards what it wants. Try to find that inner dialogue with your body and listen to what it is saying.
12. Be grateful that you live in a place and time that you are able to do this, I mean think about it...there are so many great foods (fruits and veggies) available to us and organic growing is making a massive explosion.
13. Seek out stores that carry raw food products, don't eat them exclusively but they can be great "fast food" when on the go.

Well hope this helps, I know there are more things that you can do but you need to start adding to this list to suit who you are and your life.

You'll do fine.

Sandra

Posted by: Jo ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:07PM

Hi
I am new - 6 weeks into raw - perhaps we can help each other along the way. Where in the world are you? I am in UK.
Jo

Posted by: Simply Holistic ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:43AM

Thank you for the responses. Lots to think about! I'm ending my 5th week and I'm doing pretty well. I sleep more and have been slimming down. I've done some research and have been reading a lot about the 80/10/10 diet. Considering get the book. Whenever I question why I'm doing this is get online and look/read about raw food before and after. Very encouraging!

Sandra, I love your list. Thank you!

Jo, I'm in San Diego California, I'll pm you my email address, I could always use some help!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables