Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seattle, Washington
Posted by: Holly ()
Date: October 04, 2006 10:40AM

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site and to the Raw Food lifestyle. I would love to hear about any events specific to my area or just say hi to someone else in Washington.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle, Washington
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:56PM

Hi Holly

I am living in Spokane and have been into raw fods for several years, though I am not yet 100%. Been here just over a year now and am contemplating a move, possibly to Seattle. If you hear of anything in Seattle please let me know as I am looking for an opportunity to check out the city.

Bob

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: January 02, 2007 04:40AM

Hi, i am in Steilacoom WA... on the Sound.......

i am bout an 80 percenter.... but looking to go closer to 90......

I haven't seen any adverts for raw living things around here......

tiff n twins

Date: September 11, 2007 07:21PM

Responding to Holly and all those interested in a raw community in Seattle. I lived there and was raw (back to raw again) and loved the raw food community in Settle. Great Pot Lucks once a month with a discussion.Usually a hike before. There should be a site for Seattle Raw Food Community. Eric Ferris was very active and may still be. I left Seattle and that group 4 years ago and have not been in touch with anyone since moving east of the mountains.
Do check it out.
cheyenne22

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 23, 2007 05:33AM

Hello everyone,
I'm in Bellingham, WA. I lived more raw in California, but since moving to bellingham its become much more difficult. I found a few vegetarian resturants in Seattle, but they aren't really raw. One features a number of raw dishes however. I would be interested in hearing of potlucks and other events and meeting others.

Thank you

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: October 01, 2007 04:00PM

I don't live in Seattle or even the northwest but check out [www.rawwashington.org]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 06, 2007 04:35PM

I am 100% raw and live in puyallup, south of stattle. Sadly, I don't know anyone who eat all raw around me but I have found the raw washingtion site. There sems to be lots of raw things available in seattle. I have seen a couple of restarants available that I want to try. There is a couple of stores that are helpful also I think they even have classes. There are several potlucks going in seattle. Tacoma is closer to me than seattle. good luck

Posted by: karriebean ()
Date: November 12, 2007 07:55AM

hi all,

i am in vancouver washington. does that still count as washington? are we washington or are we oregon.... the poor little city with a complex! hehehe

xoxox

~karriebean

thanks macfly for the link!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2007 07:57AM by karriebean.

Date: November 20, 2007 07:24PM

i just got back from Seattle and i noticed that it is really open to health. There are so many good health opportunities there. i was visiting the Everette area. i think thats how you spell it.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 05, 2008 11:37PM

Hi from north of you in Vancouver, Canada!

Posted by: Lollipop ()
Date: April 29, 2008 12:53AM

There's quite a lot happening on the Eastside (other side of the Lake from Seattle). Check out the following links:

[rawwashington.com] This site provides a list of whatever is happening in the area.

[www.dalenes.com] dalene's is a raw restaurant that just opened in Kirkland. They usually offer classes of some sort or another.

[rawvegansource.com] While you can order off the internet, you can also check this place out in person. The people running it live in Redmond, and have converted their garage into a store - it's a great place to just browse. They also have various events too.

Hope this helps!

Date: May 09, 2008 12:23AM

Hi, I am in Vancouver, Canada...became vegan 19 yrs ago and just turned raw! I travel a lot to Seattle and while there are several veg/vegan restaurants there is a good one with raw options called Chaco Canyon Cafe, also has great smoothies and juices.

Posted by: rawleah ()
Date: May 11, 2008 06:21AM

Hey Bob,

I'm in Spokane too.

rawleah

Date: May 11, 2008 08:00PM

I have found a raw food deli in Bellevue that is incredible!! They have a "raw bar" where this really funny and personable chef makes anything from collard wraps, nori rolls and raw vegan cheescake. They also have a juice bar. The juice bar and raw bar are organic as well.
Here is the place:
Nature's Pantry
10201 NE 10th st
Bellevue WA
They are in the same building as the University Bookstore next to Bell Square.

Date: May 14, 2008 02:57PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the board here, living in downtown Seattle, the area's very friendly to raw food, but I'm gonna check out some of the other places you guys have listed in this thread. Thanks for the info.

Mikus,

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: September 15, 2009 02:58AM

We live near Bellingham..still looking for raw food support in our area or even potlucks.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:08AM

We live in Grays Harbor - that's 50 miles West of Olympia, on the coast.

I met some nice raw vegans from the Seattle area a few weeks ago at the Raw & Living Spirit Retreat down in Portland area - there is a thriving meetup group (go to meetup.com and look for raw in seattle) that has potlucks, etc.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Date: December 05, 2010 02:26AM

Hi Everyone,

I just posted some Lifemax Mila Events that are happening in Bellingham, Seattle, and Bellevue.

Go to Forum List.
Then Raw and Living Food Events.
Look for: Lifemax Mila Event December 8th Bellingham, Wa
Lifemax Mila Event December 10th Bellevue, Wa
Lifemax Mila Event December 11th Seattle, Wa

I hope to see everyone there!!!!

Date: February 08, 2011 09:28AM

Hi!!! I live on Broadway (CH). Its really gone to the dogs lately. Condos, condos, condos. We do have a Healeo next to the Madison Market now, but I haven't gotten a drink there because I don't know how raw the raw almond milk is that they use.

I don't care about the raw restaurants, i care about finding the DEALS. Who sells the best, and the least expensive. Where can I get a cheap coconut, a good jackfruit, a fresh durian. Who has the best strawberries.

I keep ending up getting excited about shopping for food in the international district, they have the best produce I've found so far at the best prices for juicing. Grocery outlet is the ONLY place I've ever seen fresh garbanzos. I didn't even know what one looked like! I tried to make hummus out of them and HEllo! That was a failed experiment. YUK!

smiling smiley

Something fun to do instead of eat SAD dinner:

Go to pike place market in late afternoon, and pick a fruit you want to eat. Get one of that fruit at every vendor in the market. Then pick a nice spot at the park and try them all. Decide who has the best. I have done this several times with my SAD friends as a not-dinner activity and they've LOVED it we had a GREAT time doing this every time I've done it. It makes an awesome date activity.

Sue

Date: February 18, 2011 04:43AM

BACK TO NY TODAY!!

IT WAS GREAT HANGIN OUT WITH YOU SEATTLE GUYS! TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENERGY THAN NY! WILL MISS YOU & COME VISIT!

I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE TO FIND THE PRODUCE DEALS ALL OVER AGAIN, AUGH!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables