Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie - Hi All!
Posted by: banJoe ()
Date: December 26, 2011 06:26PM

Good Day everyone.
I need a change BADLY. I used to be "vegitarian" but soon degenerated into cheeses, noodles, and many potatoes &/or beans thus I never felt very well and gave up. Now I'm basically a "low carb" guy and feel horrible w/ no energy nor focus!!!

I AM HERE TO ASK/BEG FOR SUPPORT & FRIENDS.

I know in my heart that being fruitarian / raw foodie is the way to go but I need to break this cooked food addiction cycle and make some new friends for support and ideas. I love to eat - guess I wont be cooking so much anymore, LoL!!!

I can ramble for dayzzzzz...... But i believe the best way to start is with a good cleanse cycle and a big organic shopping list.

Help me stay focused, ANY IDEAS SUGGESTIONS will be warmly accepted.

Thank you very much.
banJoe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie - Hi All!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 26, 2011 08:16PM

Hiya banjoe , welcome tothe forums smiling smiley its great that you are coming to some conclusions about your diet that you want to fix.

go out and go shopping with a plan ! no idea what your age/weight/sex is but figure out what you are going to need to keep your calories up , you dont want to get hungry and then start eating stuff that you dont want to eat smiling smiley

www.fitday.com is a good free site

get a good variety of stuff too and try something new that you havent tried before smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 27, 2011 01:59PM

I like banannas! smiling smiley

Thank you Jodi, I will check out the site & I WILL try something new... Let cha kno soon what it is/was

Date: December 27, 2011 02:26PM

oh, ok, so... for the record;
Almost 50, Midwest Single Guy, ~270#, 6'1"
Used to be an avid winter gym rat & summer roadie bicyclist. Now I'm just lethargic! smiling smiley Anxious to have drive, energy, motivation to get moving again!

OhOh. Just did the FitDay, as Jodi recommended. I am worse than I thought. But It's a starting point.

Thank you Jodi

Date: December 27, 2011 05:08PM

Right on banjoe ! its really hard sometimes to jump in and get active .. i know for me when i was carrying alot of extra weight (210lbs on a 5'2" frame) that last thing i wanted to do was exercise lol I found though as the excess weight came off the more enthusiastic i was about getting off my duff and doing things. Just find something you really love !

i think once you find your raw groove and load up on all those good energy producing carbs you will find your energy coming back smiling smiley dont be dismayed tho if you go thru a bit of detox and feel worse before feeling better.

i found starting with swimming at the pool a good start ..not hard on body like walking was and i really enjoy the water smiling smiley then i got into cycling ..again easier onmy body then walking.

yea fitday really helps to open the eyes , its a good tool .. there are otheres like it but i find fitday fairly simple smiling smiley

Date: December 27, 2011 07:46PM

i wanted to add our dear friend Trive put up a really great list of wraps , here is the link [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

there is a lot of yummy ideas there smiling smiley if you want to tell me some of your favorite foods maybe i can help you find some raw alternatives !

another suggestion is snag yourself a blogspot and journal how things are going for you. It really helps, you can set the blog to only you being able to see it ifyou dont want to share right now. I really found journalling to be really helpful smiling smiley

Posted by: aenisland ()
Date: December 27, 2011 08:24PM

Hi Banjoe,

I am new to Raw myself, actually I am just getting started. Was looking at Raw and Vegan cookbooks. The Raw cookbooks I found initially seemed a far leap - dehydrators, nuts galore, etc. Most recently I found the book 12 Steps to Raw Foods by Victoria Boutenko. This book seems to be giving me the bridge to get to Raw as well as a bigger desire to go Raw.

Blessings on your journey . . .

Aen

Date: December 27, 2011 08:37PM

Blessings to ou too Aenisland its great you found a good book the Boutenkos seem like very genuine kind people smiling smiley

we have a good recipie section here too

and www.goneraw.com has some fabulous recipies smiling smiley

Date: December 28, 2011 02:39PM

Thank you sooo much Jodi.
My new food today was a simple pear. It was brown instead of green. It was different, I liked it.
I did start blogging on fitDay.
Probably My all time favorite food is Chorizo. I think that will disappear all together. Oh, & bacon. But actually thinking abt meat now makes me sick to my stomach. Cant wait to get ahold of some cantalope and watermelon!

I have some major food questions. I think I'll start a new thread.

Jodi, do u still cycle? I have an email addr that only avid cyclists understand. It starts w/ (giantshimano). My giant is my old faithful, cant wait to get 'er out again. Used to have a Colnago - What a dream she was!!!!

Thanks Jodi

Date: December 29, 2011 11:54PM

Yes but i just cycle for a bit of exercise and summer day pleasure smiling smiley I am familiar with Shimano yes grinning smiley

everyone teases me about my 20 year old mtn.bike. its a dinosaur but i still love it ... if bikes could talk ... smiling smiley

there are dehydrator versions of vegan bacon and sausage .. its all about the spice really smiling smiley

bacon made from eggplant [www.goneraw.com]
(if the bacon is not smokey enough for you , you could add some liquid smoke..its not raw but its got flavor )

and

Sausage:

2 Medjool dates pitted
½ teaspoon fennel seed
1 cup walnuts
1 pinch crushed red pepper
1 dash ground red pepper
¼ teaspoon EACH salt, pepper, oregano, basil

Make the sausage: Process the walnuts till chopped. Add dates, fennel, basil, oregano, salt and peppers and process until it comes together but still has texture. Put in dehydrator or let the mixture set awhile to meld the flavors until a texture you like. add more zingy spices that you like .. this is something personal to taste smiling smiley

theres also this tacomeat recipe from goneraw .. that might do ina pinch smiling smiley [www.goneraw.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2011 11:57PM by Jgunn.

Date: January 03, 2012 04:19AM

wow Jodi, great suggestions. tyvm! i will try it, i love workin in the kitchen & i am anxious to try all these new recipies. i dont have a dehydrator (yet!) but i'm going to soon. i also want to sprout some nuts & try nut-yogurt

Date: January 04, 2012 08:30AM

i found my first dehydrator on freecycle .. it was one of those round ones with stacking trays and it worked perfectly adn was FREE !! try looking around for one on there.. no sense putting out alot of money for something if yu dont knowif you will use it lots smiling smiley

i used mine lots and replaced it with an excalibur followed by a sedona

grow your way into this smiling smiley

i just finished sprouting some hazlenuts .. they are so yummy ! they might be called filberts too in your area smiling smiley

Posted by: ash511 ()
Date: January 25, 2012 03:29AM

I'm also new to the Raw food world. Today is actually my first day eating only raw, uncooked, unprocessed food. Overall, I feel okay. I've been going back and forth between vegetarian and vegan for over 10 years, but I didn't feel my best and wasn't satisfied with my overall health.

I'm excited about this journey and I'm anxious to see where it will take me because I believe now is the time to get my health in balance in order to balance other areas of my life such as over eating, anxiety, financial instability, and failed relationships.

I'm the only person that I know personally that is willing to partake in this new lifestyle so I know how importance it is to have support and encouragement. Perhaps we can provide that for each and as I discover more and more each day I will be happy to share any tips to help you along the way.

Ash

Date: January 26, 2012 01:10AM

Greetings Ash smiling smiley welcome to your first day !!

I agree about achieving balance in your other areas of your life (over eating, anxiety, financial instability, and failed relationships) diet is just one part of the whole pie right? smiling smiley

Good luck on your journey and just holler if you have questions smiling smiley

Posted by: thenaiverambler ()
Date: January 31, 2012 10:01PM

Hello everyone. I am super new to all this, a week actually. I came to raw because i am middle aged, fat, high blood pressure etc and I feel horrible. Around the turn of the year i decided to do something about it, did some research and came to the conclusion that I am a walking toxic waste dump and vegan raw was the answer, hope IM right!
This is my 8th day, blending green smoothies etc. , eating humus and lots of plant foods and I must be detoxing because i feel like my head is going to fall off. ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THAT LASTS?

Posted by: RawM82 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 03:18PM

Welcome!

Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: March 17, 2012 12:57AM

Try this in the morning BanJo,

Revive Body and Soul Juice
1 Apple,
2 Pears,
1 Cucumber,
1 Lemon peeled,
3-4 Carrots
2 Celery Stalks
1 stalk of Bok Choy (stem and all)
1 Kale Leaf (stem and all)
1/3 Cup Alfalfa Sprouts
Cut up into pieces and juice-so simple.

grinning smiley Mother Nature has never tasted so good

Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit with Love, Light and Health,
Kelly Vaccarelli
www.LivingFoodVillage.com
www.facebook.com/livingrawfoodvillage

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables