Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw living and need recipe advice
Posted by: Nirvanamama3813 ()
Date: February 19, 2012 09:58PM

I want to prepare my first raw meal and am coming up blank with ideas. I'm vegan so I'm looking for meatless recipes. On hand I have green and red peppers, onion, garlic, corn, and carrots. For spices I have chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, Dash Italian blend, A mediterranean blend of spices, curry, salt and pepper. I also have braggs liquid aminos and cold pressed olive oil. How would you suggest I mix these items together. Note I do not have a blender unfortunately. Any additonal ingredients you know of that would make a great recipe for a first timer? I also have to entice the palates of my one and two year old daughters!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw living and need recipe advice
Posted by: Nirvanamama3813 ()
Date: February 20, 2012 01:59AM

Well I made a pretty good salad that my boyfriend and my cat thoroughly enjoyed, kids not so much. Instead of a recipe, anyone have advice for what I should include on my shopping list for my first exclusively raw shopping adventure? Any essentials that are good to have on hand besides fresh produce? Thanks for any help and advice. I'm excited to make the switch and am hoping many of our health issues will be resolved with this lifestyle change.

Posted by: nrothgarden ()
Date: April 19, 2012 12:03PM

Nirvanamama3813 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to prepare my first raw meal and am coming
> up blank with ideas. I'm vegan so I'm looking for
> meatless recipes. On hand I have green and red
> peppers, onion, garlic, corn, and carrots. For
> spices I have chili powder, paprika, garlic
> powder, Dash Italian blend, A mediterranean blend
> of spices, curry, salt and pepper. I also have
> braggs liquid aminos and cold pressed olive oil.
> How would you suggest I mix these items together.
> Note I do not have a blender unfortunately. Any
> additonal ingredients you know of that would
> make a great recipe for a first timer? I also
> have to entice the palates of my one and two year
> old daughters!

Why not look through some recipes so you can see what you're interested in and what you can make? I wouldn't really suggest just winging it at first. You're on the right track with the fresh produce, but you need some more direction. A raw food diet can be like any other way of eating. People have their own tastes and eat what they like. But if I could recommend one thing since you're just starting out, it might be nuts. I don't eat much of them anymore, but they're good for transitioning to a raw diet.

Check out my raw food review blog at rawfoodland.com!

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: May 08, 2012 03:21AM

The best way to go raw is to find one recipe you love at a time and start replacing various parts of your diet. I have a ton of recipes written down from the internet that have piqued my interest over time...and out of all of that, there really are only a few recipes that really get made day in, day out.

One is dehydrated banana blueberry pancakes--great for calories, by the way, if you are an athlete. Another is some sort of veggie noodle, whether it be spiralized zucchini or a bag of broccoli slaw from Trader Joe's, recipe here: [fresherthanlife.com]

I also LOVE guacamole on anything, carrots, cucumber clices, whathaveyou.

Another staple is tiny oranges that peel really easily smiling smiley

Many raw desserts disagree with my stomach, but I occasionally love those made with coconut and dates.

Then smoothies...a few bags of frozen berries and some bananas provides breakfast through the week!

Hope this helps!

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables