Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to the site and to raw foodism
Posted by: HealthyMeWannabe ()
Date: September 29, 2012 12:16PM

Good morning everyone!

My name is Courtney and I am new to this group of folks. I'm looking for some information and perhaps will switch to a raw food lifestyle.

I am looking to lose weight and become a healthier person. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and not worry about my blood pressure anymore. I have migraines (due to being allergic to caffeine), a stomach ulcer (that seems to be aggravated by tomato based products like spaghetti and lasagna), and a circulatory problem called Raynaud's disease (that doesn't have a cure as far as I know).

In my past I switched to a vegan lifestyle, lost 40 pounds, started working out, and was feeling better than ever. But pressure from my family sent me back to eating meat and I gained back all the weight I lost plus some. Today I weigh 264 pounds and I'm so sick and tired of the roller coaster of weight loss and gain. I have to find a lifestyle that I can stick with and will help me get healthy. Veganism worked in the past for me and I am looking forward to going back to that. However, I've never tried raw foodism before so this is a new experience. Yesterday while researching raw food I came across 30 Bananas A Day. My office provides tons of free fresh fruit on a daily basis. We have bananas, several varieties of apples, pears, oranges, canteloupe, honeydew melon. pineapple, grapes, and strawberries.

This week I will be starting the Couch to 5K program. I've always wanted to be a runner and I think this is a good way to work my way up to becoming one. For those here who are runners, I look forward to reading about your running and your food and how they work together to keep you healthy!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Any helpful advice and experiences you have, please share them with me. I'm looking forward to becoming a healthier person and setting a good example for my kids!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to the site and to raw foodism
Posted by: HealthyMeWannabe ()
Date: September 30, 2012 09:09PM

I went to the grocery store last night, bought tons of fruits and veggies, and began today! smiling smiley

Courtney
I switched to a vegan lifestyle on September 30, 2012 to get healthy!

Posted by: greggnv ()
Date: October 10, 2012 12:24PM

If your new to running I suggest look up Jeff Galloway he is very good at taking non runners and turning them into runners very quickly.
also if you want info on eating right check this out

Our mission at Grocery Train is to help you understand organic foods from the ground to your table. At organicfoodsreviews.com/grocerytrain each month we will be featuring organic companies that are producing and marketing the best organic products in the world.
You see we have a very high standard; we call it "The Kids Standard". If it's not good enough for our kids, then it's not good enough for us. So all the companies and products that we find research and recommend must be good for kids.

Marc Ketchel our VP of purchasing raised 6 kids on organic foods and he knows the difference it makes in their health and well-being. We want you to have the same advantage. The best way to do that is to be informed about the food you eat, where it comes from, who makes it, and how it's brought to your table.

If that is what you are interested in, you've come to the right place. We welcome you and look forward to sharing a very informative food experience with you. We think we've learned a few things over the last 35 years, and we'd like to share them with you.

You can expect to receive emails from us when we have something of value to contribute. Check our blog on a regular basis for the latest and expect a recap on a monthly basis of the best we've found; whether it's a new product or a new company doing it right. We will also be sharing the latest research on the health benefits of organic foods.

Stay tuned and please give us your feedback on what you want to see and read. We'll do our best to answer all your questions as well. If you would like to know how to get organic healthy food for your family free just check us out at www.groceryriches.com

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 14, 2013 12:27AM

Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions, please post them to the main forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables