Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm new here and need help
Posted by: Violet73 ()
Date: January 10, 2013 12:40PM

I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and I'm also overweight, mostly due to the medications (which I'm no longer on) and leading a sedentary lifestyle due to pain. I'm wanting to change my life and find myself again. I won't bore you, but I was active as a child and played softball and basketball and was always thin until adulthood. I was diagnosed with RA in 2007 and it hasn't been easy. I've cut out gluten, but obviously that isn't enough to help. It did help some.

I notice I flare after having beef and I know that animal proteins are making me worse. I also saw something on Facebook that broke my heart about how animals are treated before slaughter. I want to change my diet and change my life by going raw. What are some good books to read to help me get started? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm new here and need help
Date: January 13, 2013 12:56AM

26 views and nobody welcomes me or gives me some suggestions on books? sad smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 14, 2013 12:17AM

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 14, 2013 12:25AM

Date: January 14, 2013 04:17PM

Thank you SOOOOO much! I'll check those out this evening after work! smiling smiley

Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: February 12, 2013 05:00PM

I'm new to this forum, the book that changed my life is Green for Life by Victoria Boutinko. A friend let me borrow it and I've been hooked since. Right now I'm reading Eating for Energy by Yuri Elkaim. My husband got it for me. Great book and coach.

Posted by: romeo ()
Date: September 22, 2013 04:16AM

Hey Romeo here Violet. LIFE IS TO SHORT Violet to dwell on negatives around and in us.
By being positive about the negative we cancel the negative out.
My experience with raw juice made in a raw juice machine and consumed within eight minutes before the juice rusts (goes brown due to exposure to air) makes us positive and healing or healed.
Raw food is good also for healing.
Go easy because CHANGING DIET can make you queasy.
A bit at a time until your body is used to it is recommended.
DRAMATIC RESULTS MAY FOLLOW IN GOOD HEALTH.
My email is romeosaytr@gmail.com
The best of tomorrows

ROMEO

Posted by: waltraud ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:20PM

Hi Violet are you still messaging the forum I am new too and would luv to talk to you
Cheers
Trudy

Posted by: waltraud ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:53AM

Hi Can you tell me why no one seems to answer my posts?
thanks
Trudy

Date: November 10, 2013 11:48PM

I think being a raw foodist isn't enough you have to have proper nutrition too. There aren't a lot of active members on this site so the few people that are here should support each other.

Posted by: lordlochab ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:04AM

Any info to get started would be helpful,what would be a typical menu for day 1 ???
Eating healthy diets dosn't automatically make us less selfish winking smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 26, 2013 11:44PM

Where did all the active members go to around here? I could say that about me too! I used to be active here, but then fell off the high raw diet and eventually did not see a point to visiting.

I'm back for now, see if I can get started on a cleansing diet and back to moderate to high raw.

Welcome Violet! There is lots to read here, and lots of links to get you started! You can also come and start your own raw food diary on the other forum link.

Posted by: Vegangirl2014 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 02:35AM

Hey I'm new too. So hello to you. Ok you gotta google dr. Adiel tel-Oren. He's got like 16 hrs of free lectures on YouTube. He travels the world and is a highly sought after dr and speaker. He will teach the truth about the crap in the bad food and why you need an organic diet of vegan foods. So how r you doing? What's your update? I'm starting tomorrow but not totally raw. I'm going to ease into that but go totally vegan. I'll bet I'll be really grumpy next week as I detox. Yay!

Posted by: jmmaus ()
Date: January 30, 2014 03:11AM

I need help too!! Ive been trying for a while now to go raw, but the bad foods are just too tempting!! How did you all start going raw? I need some advice and support. Thanks!
-Jane smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables