Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm raw but my Family is Not.
Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: February 12, 2013 06:02PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a community to help me stay on track. I've been Raw for a year now and lately I've been struggling. My family is very supportive and I've rubbed off a little on my husband with the smoothies. My hardest time is in the evening, example, they eat pizza and I have a raw dish with fruit on the side. Very hard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm raw but my Family is Not.
Date: February 15, 2013 10:45PM

Hum, what to do when they want to go out and eat? I have yet to councure this, last night when my husband wanted to take me out for Vanentine's Day I asked him to please save his money. I know it is all about the company and I love to go out, I just feel guilty.

Date: February 18, 2013 09:41PM

My family went to Wendy's today. Cheers to my green smoothie! The same people ask me how I'm losing so much weight. I fill them in gently, even bought them the book that got me started "Green For Life" and I get."I love bread too much" All I do is smile, but what I want to say is "And how is that working for you?" Bread was making me sick, cheese was making me sick, meat was making me sick! Thank God, a friend introduced me to Raw.

Date: February 26, 2013 10:54PM

I needed to go to the grocery store and a asked everyone if they put what they wanted on the list and if someone wanted to come with me to make the trip faster. Nope. they were busy, cool. Did they put what they wanted on the list? No. Just to let you know, list is on the counter for a week to jot down what you want. Great, I'm on my ownsmiling smiley All I had to do was hit the produce section. I was out of there so fast and I was happy I got out of there, way under a hundred. No compaints from my family as they helped me unload and a banana was eaten this morning instead of a pop tart. I bet next time someone will offer to go with me before I even ask or I can hope they decide fresh green is better.

Posted by: Rayshak ()
Date: March 01, 2013 03:51AM

Buahahahaha! Good one!

Posted by: romeo ()
Date: September 22, 2013 05:32AM

Easy to make a delish raw pizza

Posted by: Vegangirl2014 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 02:48AM

I'm new to this. It seems so hard you wonder if it's possible. But I know if I don't change drastically disease is right there knocking at the door. Adam and eve didn't have chocolate cake in the garden. My point is our original body makeup wasn't designed for the processed junk, meat, bread etc. but the food options like processed or refined foods that we have today. so ignorance is bliss. How can you forget how good the bad food tastes? We gotta try!

Posted by: Hoko ()
Date: April 10, 2014 12:04AM

It's not too hard to skip on the pizzas for me, especially if they are the standard ones like from pizza hut or cici's. Those are the worst. But I can't really help if they are from whole foods or vegan.

Posted by: Selma ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:31PM

Hi!I'm new here. From Sweden so maybe I spell wrong sometimes. For me it's the same. I'm mostly raw but my family is not and I am ok with it but I really love cheese and bread so it's hard sometimes, but I really try to focus on why I do it. If I eat something "wrong" sometimes I don't worry too much about it. I just eat right next time smiling smiley I have had lots of bad health and I'm not well yet but getting better so I guess it is working. Been about 95% raw for 7 months.

Posted by: janetfdoss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 06:51AM

You should have gone with him. Because you can't buy these kind of moments with money. So not going just because of money shortage is not a good thing.

Posted by: Timber63 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:36AM

I was once raw and my family was not either. I did it for seven months. I think you're doing a great job. I've decided to begin eating raw again myself, but would love some support. I'm working on a few snacks, breads and things so when I do start, I will have some readily available foods. Hang in there. It's worth it. I'm fat and miserable and remember how good I felt eating this way.

Posted by: SpaceSpring ()
Date: December 09, 2015 08:50AM

Yes, there is to hard to eat apart from your family. With my family the same problems. Simply it's need be ready raw food make your family destroit almost. No understanding with .... and another question here is with raw food : raw food is with more highest frequency than dead food (cooked) and therefore people who eating raw food is more spiritual (become to spiritual).

Posted by: nancy2809 ()
Date: February 26, 2016 03:20PM

Hello
everyone
I'm also raw but my family is not.
the same condition with me
thanks & regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables