Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nauseous & Unsatisfied, day 2 please help.
Posted by: notlovinit...yet ()
Date: June 03, 2013 02:59PM

Hello there,
I am new to this way of life. Day 4 with 2 unsuccessful days at the front, 1 successful day behind me. I am about 75 lbs overweight.
I have been feeling naseous a lot. I made a raw Swiss Chard Soup and found myself fighting the urge to throw up after consuming 1/4 of it. All I could really get down yesterday was bananas, nuts & dried fruit. Woke up this morning and felt naseous after eating a nectarine. All I can think of eating is cooked rice, or eggs, or something other than fruits & vegetables.
I know it is not good to eat too much nuts, dates, dried fruits, etc, but it is the only thing I seem to be able to want other than cooked foods. Is there anyone out there with some advice for me?
Thanks kindly friends.
Wendy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nauseous & Unsatisfied, day 2 please help.
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: June 05, 2013 05:32AM

Hi Wendy,

Welcome, and congrats on making the change!

It's not easy to change all at once. Most people need to ease their way into raw. Allow yourself to have a little rice or steamed veggies or whatever, and eat as much raw as you can. Set a goal of increasing the raw percentage every day or week...or month. Take your time, be nice to yourself. Once you really get into it, you going to be eating like his for a long time. So there is no need to rush, and you don't want to make eating healthy an unpleasant experience. You want to be in place where you can enjoy every living bite.

Have you tried green smoothies? You can start by making mostly fruit, and add more leafy greens as you get use to it. It's a great way to get yourself to eat more greens without feeling like your forcing down a salad.

Peace.

Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: June 29, 2013 06:06PM

I didn't even know about the raw lifestyle until I first started eating strictly non-processed food. No more than 5 ingredients on a package and they had to be whole. I started to lose weight without effort then raw came into play. Beware, strong bursts of energy, I love it.

Posted by: romeo ()
Date: September 22, 2013 05:30AM

how you doing now?

Posted by: esa ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:04AM

Consider that having a balance between fruits and veggies may be more important that whether it is raw. How are you doing now? I try to eat a balance of sweet and savory. I consider un-soaked nuts to be a sweet food. I also eat sprouted grains that germinate for a day or so. I add salt. Rice and sesame mixed seems great because it has plenty of complex carbs, oils, and protein. Sesame is a great source of calcium and magnesium. Smoothies are good if you feel like you don't have time to chew, which spouts do require. But I like to chew my food, and fruits are good in a pinch. I think it is ok to eat cooked fruits like eggplant and squash. Sprouts, though are easy to digest, so I don't worry about multitasking during a sprout meal. Just remember that balance.

Posted by: airport5 ()
Date: March 03, 2014 02:59AM

I feeel your pain. I drank a carrot juice yesterday and felt like I was going to throw up. I think I drank it way to fast though.
Also I have been experiencing fatigue, on Friday I was to tired to get out of bed. But I'm feeling better today.

Posted by: servant79 ()
Date: April 21, 2015 03:50AM

1. when you take green smoothie or juice, ensure each sip you taste . this will add saliva to it and make it easy to digest
2. use food processor to make blend of sprouts etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables