Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw food diet concept
Posted by: Gets ()
Date: March 24, 2014 11:56AM

Hey I am keen to start this diet. Can I have any buddies to guide me how to begin pls

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw food diet concept
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:01AM

If you're coming from the SAD or high-cooked foods, it might be a good idea to go high-raw for a while instead of 100% raw. For example you could include lightly steamed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc. Get your hands on the highest-quality, most fresh organic fruit. Lots to choose from... strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, bananas, dates, oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, kiwi, peaches, mangos, pomegranates, avocado, papayas, etc. Fresh fruit and veggies, SPROUTED nuts and seeds are what most raw fooders eat, but other things like algaes (chlorella, spirulina), sea vegetables (nori, dulse, kelp, wakame), and sprouts are necessary. Raw food snacks, juices, and smoothies should ease the transition. You're probably going to go through an intense detox, called a "healing crisis", where you have symptoms which may make you feel like the diet isn't working, but this is just your body ridding itself of the the toxins from your previously lifestyle. Sauna's, exercise, and colon hydrotherapy will rapidly speed this process up. Beverages will be distilled water, coconut water, fresh juices, and teas. You'll likely want to take a soil-based B12 supplement unless you get your levels checked and find you are creating your own, D3 if you live in an area without sunlight much of the year, and probiotics to restore healthy gut bacteria. The source of your supplements is vital, make sure you get high-quality one's without chemical fillers or additives, the wrong supplements can cause harm. You may also find superfood powders helpful, such as camu camu, mangosteen, pine pollen, royal jelly, chaga/reishi mushroom, acai, maca, etc.

Here are some good raw food websites:

therawfoodworld.com
longevitywarehouse.com
rawpower.com
goraw.com

As you progress, you may want to think about growing your own sprouts and grasses (wheatgrass, barley grass, ryegrass). You'd be juicing the grasses and juicing or eating the sprouts.

Posted by: silvcort262 ()
Date: July 01, 2014 01:46AM

Hello, what helps me is go to my local library and get books for free recipes. Also, youtube helps me a lot!!! Its hard for me to stay and even harder to start again! But we can do thissmiling smiley

Posted by: jmh6251 ()
Date: July 12, 2014 04:46PM

Hello to all my new friends. Yesterday was my first full day back on raw after taking a hiatus for probably the last 10 years. I have physical and medical problems that can only be addressed with raw foods nad anti inflamatory food. Mostly raw fruit, nuts, and greens. I have been thinking of adding raw juice. Thankyou so much for the overview. It is always good to have a review. Have a wonderful day

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables