Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Here, exploring Raw/Vegan/Vegetarian/Juicing/etc
Posted by: LuxEterna ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:36PM

Hi there,

I'm new here. I'm excited to learn about this whole world of healthy eating.

I'm happy to say that since gradually cutting down on meat since 2 years ago, I'm now practically a pescetarian. I don't eat beef/chicken/pork/mutton/duck anymore. I'm still eating fish to be conservative.

i have also given up coffee and sugary drinks completely.

I choose not to have a microwave oven in my home.

I have given up fried food and have much reduced eating out, and started cooking my own foods. In my country, MSG/salt/oil/meat/processed is everywhere. It is hard to eat out healthily.

I have just bought a slow juicer and I made my first juice today.

I still eat some eggs and take some dairy products but have reduced.

It has been difficult to change, because I love eating , esp cheese and soups and fish.

And I hate salads.

And I have been losing weight which is a BAD thing cos I was slim to start with, and now I'm REALLY REALLY skinny. I dropped from 42kg to 38kg.

My parents are really distraught that I'm now so feather thin. Out of fear, they "command" me to eat meat. So I stopped seeing them.

I find it tiring to be so watchful of my food and while I know what unhealthy food to cut out, that's easy, it's hard to know what to eat.

And it's hard to find healthy foods
And it's more expensive to eat healthy.
It takes a lot of effort and time to cook and prepare my meals.
I'm still clueless about recipes for vegeterian/vegan/raw.
I'm stil clueless about snacks as well.
To me, vegetarian/vegan/raw foods taste horrible.

I'm posting here today, cos I realise I need support to do this battle of having healthy lifestyle.

Cos what happened is,I was so hungry at home, cos the vegetarian meal was so unsatisfying that, at midnight, I raided the fridge and ate my tenant's spicy chinese meat buns out of desperation.And i ate not one, but TWO.

I broke my 3 rules 1) no spicy food 2)no processed food 3) no meat

I think i'm missing something in my diet.

I'm interested to have a healthy diet because I want to heal 2 issues, candidiasis and ovarian tumor (benign but really huge , 8cm) .

I told myself to heal myself so that I do not need to go for the operation that the doctors have advised.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Here, exploring Raw/Vegan/Vegetarian/Juicing/etc
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:05AM

I posted this in another thread...

"If you're coming from the SAD or high-cooked foods, it might be a good idea to go high-raw for a while instead of 100% raw. For example you could include lightly steamed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc. Get your hands on the highest-quality, most fresh organic fruit. Lots to choose from... strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, bananas, dates, oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, kiwi, peaches, mangos, pomegranates, avocado, papayas, etc. Fresh fruit and veggies, SPROUTED nuts and seeds are what most raw fooders eat, but other things like algaes (chlorella, spirulina), sea vegetables (nori, dulse, kelp, wakame), and sprouts are necessary. Raw food snacks, juices, and smoothies should ease the transition. You're probably going to go through an intense detox, called a "healing crisis", where you have symptoms which may make you feel like the diet isn't working, but this is just your body ridding itself of the the toxins from your previously lifestyle. Sauna's, exercise, and colon hydrotherapy will rapidly speed this process up. Beverages will be distilled water, coconut water, fresh juices, and teas. You'll likely want to take a soil-based B12 supplement unless you get your levels checked and find you are creating your own, D3 if you live in an area without sunlight much of the year, and probiotics to restore healthy gut bacteria. The source of your supplements is vital, make sure you get high-quality one's without chemical fillers or additives, the wrong supplements can cause harm. You may also find superfood powders helpful, such as camu camu, mangosteen, pine pollen, royal jelly, chaga/reishi mushroom, acai, maca, etc.

Here are some good raw food websites:

therawfoodworld.com
longevitywarehouse.com
rawpower.com
goraw.com

As you progress, you may want to think about growing your own sprouts and grasses (wheatgrass, barley grass, ryegrass). You'd be juicing the grasses and juicing or eating the sprouts."

Also, if you want to put on HEALTHY weight, you HAVE to do weight-bearing exercise. Even simple exercises like push-ups and pull-ups will help, so long as you make it apart of your weekly regimen. Rest to let your muscles recover and when they do, start working out again.

Re: New Here, exploring Raw/Vegan/Vegetarian/Juicing/etc
Posted by: Hoko ()
Date: April 09, 2014 09:00PM

Hello! Welcome.. I'm new here too. But I've known about raw since 2010. I don't live in my own home so I proably can't remove the microwave, my family would be outraged with me. But when I do get my own home, I most definitely will not have a microwave. smiling smiley Neither will I have an oven ... unless I get hungry and start buying those fast food french fries... I will have a small oven handy. As making your own french fries is 10x better than fast food.

From what I've heard, when you are on the raw food diet, you start getting rid of your toxins which is why you are really skinny. But once that is done your body starts to replace the bad fat with healthy ones. I hope I helped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables