Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what can I eat with out machines and teeth?
Posted by: jawnn ()
Date: May 07, 2014 07:47PM

I have no teeth, they rotted away. then I had a mild heart attack three years ago. I learned a lot in cardiac rehab but nothing about raw foods.

I am off grid, so I don't have much electricity in the winter. Solar will not produce power in the dark.

I saw a video about how protein is bound up into an unusable form buy cooking.

So I have thinking about what I can do.

Does the bacteria in yogurt free up the amino-acids in the cooked milk? Or at least produce enough protein from the milk?

I have been eating raw walnuts and almonds. But wish the walnuts were not so expensive. I keep thinking I should eat raw peanuts, but I know they are not any where as good as walnuts.

I need to soften vegys like yams. I thought of fermenting them with salt then soak out the salt. I have done that with cabbage.

I saw in one of the recipes, mesquite powder. Is that the bean, raw?
I grew up around mesquite tree and always thought they were not edible.

Any help will appreciated.

PS I have been eating too many bananas and avocados. And kale is taking some getting used to, in smoothys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 07:50PM by jawnn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what can I eat with out machines and teeth?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 08, 2014 04:09PM

In the winter you can make your smoothies in your blender and work your single auger juicer/macerator by connecting them to an inverter in you car. This is the one I have...

[www.amazon.com]

Date: May 09, 2014 06:03PM

I don't have a car or a generator. I do have a small Cuisinart mill for nuts and a blender. I also have a muscle powered grinder for nuts.

Does any one know anything about the yogurt?

Date: May 10, 2014 08:23PM

jawnn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Does any one know anything about the yogurt?

If you can't find everything you need to know about culturing foods at this link you can call them for help. I would highly recommend spending a lot of time reading their site. They have a great wealth of info...

[www.culturesforhealth.com]

Date: May 12, 2014 07:11PM

I found a fine grater for carrots, works very good, originally made for shaping wood work. then I bend it with hot pepper and tomato and kale.

Now if I could get my beans to sprout. May be a problem with water? no chlorine, well water, no idea why they don't like to sprout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 07:14PM by jawnn.

Date: May 13, 2014 01:33AM

You're welcome, jawnn.

Posted by: Tensolator ()
Date: November 11, 2022 04:04PM

Sorry to hear of your predicament. I looked a few things up. There are manual juicers. Of course the most available are citrus juicers. I did find a manual wheat grass juicer. There is also the Norpro Hand Juicer. It was priced about $30.

I have had several juicers. I still think the best one was the Juiceman I bought in 1999, or there abouts. I have one now that is from Austria. I also drink sparkling water from Austria. I just made the connection.

Anyway, good luck to you, and post more questions if you need to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables