Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to RAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 08, 2006 10:41PM

I am a 39 y/o male. I have been living a sedentary life due to the constrictions of my job. A close friend introduced me to the raw lifestyle. I have just begun a program to a raw food diet. Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to RAW
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 15, 2006 03:29AM

Don't give up! Thats my tip to you. I tell my self that whenever I see a cup cake toppled with whipped cream and thick sugar crystals.. um ya.. okay *waves*

Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:56PM

Keep it Simple
read and research BUT take what you need and leave the rest.

Find old timers or hard core raw foodies and pick their brains (ok be gentle actually)

Find your own possitive twist to self talk yourself past trinity's cupcakes or whatever your food love was/is for the day.... example: Thats a beautiful cupcake and I'm so glad that I am eating healthy and can appreciate a beautiful man made item and not recognize it as food any longer. I am so glad my food gives me energy.... you get the idea

Hugs
Lesa

PS We're mostly all a friendly, sharing bunch of people... ask questions

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 21, 2006 02:02AM

I find I usually crave cooked when I am hungry so I make sure I always have food and stay full If I am feeling weak.

Date: December 29, 2006 07:19PM

You could have left the sugar out of the message..LOL..
Thanks for the tips, though. ITs a unique lifestyle and from my point of view difficult lifestyle . Cooked food is poison..

Date: December 29, 2006 07:28PM

This has been the most awesome experience. I would never have thought that eating raw would have done so much in such a short time. Just a few of the many physical changes: In two weeks, my appetite has dropped tremendously, I have shrunk two pant sizes, more energy, sleep less, happier. The difficult part is that at times the psychological need for cooked food is like having withdrawal systems for heavy drug use. I will be sitting with my friends at the house and next thing I know Im craving a Big Mac and Fries, Chicken tenders with mac and cheese..Wow getting hungry now.lol. COOKED FOOD IS POISON. Im learning though that too get to where I need to be takes effort and though the road isnt always easy it is always worth the effort. The more you put into something the more you get out of it. So I keep on , keeping on. Thanks for all the messages..

Date: December 29, 2006 07:42PM

Thanks...everyone I meet is wonderful...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables