Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NYC
Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:19AM

I'm looking for a raw-vegan hair stylist or salon... for caucasian hair
I've lost 90#s this year and am happy raw, don't want chemicals, WO wash, brush often ---- I want a like minded person to help me find my style! My hair is wavy grows fast, is graying a bit (ok I'm not 20 - more like 48) it's still long, has been below my knees in the past.... what else might someone want to know.... (thinking)
I've seen other women my age with fantastic styled cuts, being proud of their gray/silver and their cuts worked with their hair. I like my simple life and raw lifestyle and want to keep my hair & sense of style just as simple and raw! No blow dryers, no dye, no chemicals....

Please contact me at ljbn@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NYC
Date: January 06, 2007 08:59PM

Ok lets just see if we can connect with other Raw Foodies in NYC --- I'll settle for that and see what happens hunting for a good hair stylist. Geez I thought I'd have at least one hit by now... My hair used to be below my knees - natural is kewl but hey my hair grows really fast and I did loose a LOT of weight... trying something new could be kewl.

So any other Raw Foodies - esp other 80/10/10's in NYC - holla! (jk)

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:53PM

I'm a rawer in NYC. I don't know about hairstylists but i'd love to chat.

Date: March 09, 2007 08:47PM

Seriously no other nyc raw fooders?

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 11, 2007 05:18AM

Yes I'm a raw foodist New Yorker! I just don't know any raw vegan hairstylists though. As the weather gets warmer I'd love to meet other raw vegan New Yorkers... especially since I've been feeling like lately when I go out for drinks with friends the nightlife isn't as exciting for me as it used to be, and I don't enjoy drinking like I used to... I feel awesome sober, then once I start drinking it just makes me kinda tired now... I think I need some variety in my social situations. Yes I def I need variety.

The easiest thing for me would be to meet people for lunch- I work at 57th & Madison. Maybe someone else is nearby?? I do really need to post a pic on this board.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:00PM

Me too - Upper West Side.

Date: March 13, 2007 11:17PM

I'm on the upper West Side too. I go to school mid town. We should all meet up for lunch or dinner. Maybe pure food and wine? Yum

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 14, 2007 03:20AM

Oh that sounds fantastic! I'd love to go to Pure Food & Wine, I've passed by it but never actually eaten there, that would be fun!

We should exchange email/phone info...

Date: March 15, 2007 01:06AM

Tried to pm you but it said your mailbox was full. Empty that thing out os i can get you my info. OOoo i"m already craving everything on that menu. Havne't heard from TSS for a while. Wonder if she can come.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: April 02, 2007 12:31AM

Hey-I live in Park Slope, just wanted to say hi!~Kate

Date: April 10, 2007 02:02AM

Okay, I apologize for not checking this site in a few months. Hey no one was replying so I got bored and moved on...

I just replied to another NYC thread - so you people please contact me through my email! I live in Times Square, I'm active in the Raw community, have plenty of resources and research to share -- and I understand the social thing, raw changes our perspectives and sometimes our friends (or makes ex's out of some)... I'm here, still hunting for the hairdresser who won't freak out at someone who does the WO thing! You should have heard them at Bumble & Bumble a few months ago! lol

Simply,
Lesa

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: April 10, 2007 11:28AM

Kate,
I too live in PS. Do you belong to the PS Food Co-op?
Rawnee

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: April 12, 2007 02:05AM

Yeah--saves me some big bucks (I love that place). I live over on 5th, u?~Kate

Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:29PM

hi im a raw fooder in brooklyn... i know this post is old but was just checking to see if any other people in here where in nyc

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2007 09:54AM

Hi everyone,

I'm a raw foodist from Sydney, Australia, and I'll be in New York from Sept 3-9. I'm going to as many of the raw food places as I can (I went to Quintessence last time and loved it) and would also love to meet NYC raw fooders, if anyone is interested!

Since I'm a writer, I'll be writing an article about it for the gourmet traveller magazines back here in Australia.

Check out my website for more of my raw experiences:
[www.junglejamie.com]

or my itinerary: [www.junglejamie.com]
If you know any raw fooders in Japan, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, L.A or Fiji, I'd love to hear from them too!

Cheers,
Jamie

[www.junglejamie.com]

Date: July 30, 2007 06:11PM

Hello,
I'm a raw fooder, but i'm upstate in Orange county...anyone else?

Date: August 05, 2007 07:19PM

Hi everyone,

I too am a newbie, living in NYC (Staten Island). I don't know and raw foodies out there and would love to chat and learn from everyone. It would be great to eventually meet up with people from my area.

Debbie

Date: October 03, 2007 02:59PM

Hi shnshine79:

It's the first time I visited this site. Sorry for the late reply. I live in NYC and have been raw for 2 months. I feel so isolated because none of my friends are raw and I have turned down many dinner & drink invites. Time to find new friends! I am on the upper east side so not too far from where you work - would love to have lunch ( where do you find raw lunch place?)

Cheers!

sunshine79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes I'm a raw foodist New Yorker! I just don't
> know any raw vegan hairstylists though. As the
> weather gets warmer I'd love to meet other raw
> vegan New Yorkers... especially since I've been
> feeling like lately when I go out for drinks with
> friends the nightlife isn't as exciting for me as
> it used to be, and I don't enjoy drinking like I
> used to... I feel awesome sober, then once I start
> drinking it just makes me kinda tired now... I
> think I need some variety in my social situations.
> Yes I def I need variety.
>
> The easiest thing for me would be to meet people
> for lunch- I work at 57th & Madison. Maybe someone
> else is nearby?? I do really need to post a pic on
> this board.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 06, 2007 10:49AM

hey

I'm in NYC.
kate--and rawee--I'm doing my practicum at PS 321 in Park Slope, do i know your kids?

I live in the Murray Hill area.

I'd love to do that Pure Food and Wine date again...not much cash for eating out lately, but this could make up for all the times I DIDN'T go, or DIDN'T order with my friends.

There's Bonobo's on 23 and Lex. I haven't been there, but I heard from a meat-enthusiast-"dude"-friend that it's really excellent (he went of his own accord!)

anyway, I'm into it.
weeknights after 8, or weekends.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: February 06, 2008 04:25AM

Hey everyone! I am an NYC raw- fooder ( literally just started today, it's my day 1 and I am so lost and so overwhelmed!!)

I live in the East Village...College student....anyone from around want to help me/ chat I would love it !!

- DT

Date: February 25, 2008 07:54PM

Bonobos is excellent!
19, brooklyn here.
peace and love smiling smiley

you can email me @ earthloverr@gmail.com
im also part of the nyc raw meetup
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 08:07PM by windex.

Re: NYC --March 28-30, 2008
Posted by: carolg ()
Date: February 29, 2008 10:51PM

March 28 - 30, 2008
Hippocrates at the Hotel New Yorker, NYC, NY
NEW LIFE EXPO

For more info., visit www.newlifemag.com

Visit Hippocrates in NY City! Come to hear our Greenhouse Manager, Michael Bergonzi, and former executive Chef Kelly Serbonich lecture on Sat. & Sun.

Also, stop by our booth for some FRESH wheatgrass juice from FL and learn more about our Life Change Program as well as our Health Educator Course. We will be there all weekend and look forward to seeing you again!

Booth #110 at the top of the stairs!

===
carog in CO

Date: March 08, 2008 08:17PM

Hi, I'm in NYC -- Upper West Side, to be precise. I've been on my 100% raw food diet (excluding occasional cups of roasted Bancha twig tea!) for almost a month now, and am really loving it. Where are you in the City?

Peter

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:14AM

Hi, I too am from New york city and though I want to leave to somewhere I can grow my own food I must say it's nice to see there are so many of you rawies out there! And all the raw resturants and sruff make life a little bit more fun! Anywho, Not sure where in New york the original poster was from, Im on the upper west side. The other day I found a shop on the corner of 100st and broadway on top of 'Metro Diner' that uses all recycled envirometally friendly shampoo bottles. So I imagine there shampoos must be good too. If this is of any interest I can get there number for anyone interested. Live well!

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: March 13, 2008 04:50PM

hey raw foodie here too...brand new raw foodie i might add...i hail from prospect heights in brooklyn. heading over to sunny california in september...woohoo

Date: March 13, 2008 06:20PM

Hey!

I'm a new raw foodie in New York City! Currently visiting LA right now but will be back soon. Me and my two other really rad girlfriends are doing transformation with Amy Rachelle. We would LOVE to meet other cool people in the raw community! Hit me up and let's all grab dinner! PURE FOOD AND WINE YUM!!!!

xo,
June D

Date: March 30, 2008 06:35PM

Hey there,

I've been doing the raw (mostly) thing in NYC for a year now. I would love to meet people too. As much as I enjoy New York nightlife, it can definitely be difficult going out for dinner with friends that think you are a little crazy. I live in the East Village, such an amazing place to be for this kind of lifestyle. Let me know if any of you would like to meet up. I don't oppose to some wine either..

Date: March 31, 2008 03:39AM

i'm also in the east village smiling smiley

Date: April 13, 2008 03:33PM

Also in east village
2 weeks raw.
would love to chat
trying to focus on getting the gear
...hydrator, blender, processor.
home watching "breakthrough" movie,
constantly seeking inspiration.
be well.

Date: April 23, 2008 08:42PM

Hi all,

I'm also in NYC (Riverdale) Would love to make new friends to go out with and try new raw dishes, or (un)coock together! I'm fasting now, but I'll be available for feast in mid-May!

~ Bogi

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables