Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Missssssss
Posted by: azrael ()
Date: August 17, 2017 03:23AM

Tonight I was thinking about the long defunct raw food site www.eat.rawfood.com. I was reminiscing about what a fun and active place that was and how many wonderful people I met there.

Then I remembered this site and wondered if it was still active. I came here and now see in disappointment that it is a ghost town.

Wow, Facebook really ruined good supportive social media. When have you all gone?

Re: Missssssss
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 23, 2017 07:37PM

Yes, things have become quiet around here. Also, it seems like most of the raw food proponents from those days are no longer raw anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2017 07:09AM by Prana.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 09, 2018 01:20PM

I wouldn't blame it all on social media. It seemed like there was a huge exodus after that big crash years ago (around 2005 maybe?) that lost all the archives. I think people felt they had "invested" in the site with so much and to lose it all was pretty devastating. I'm trying to remember the different handles I went by back then. I kept changing my mind. I think Texas Pear and 24 carrots, and maybe another that I cannot remember.

Personally, I want to increase the percentage of raw I eat in my diet but am not prepared at this point to go 100% raw. I wish so much that I had never gotten off the raw diet back so many years ago when I was doing so well. I wasn't 100% but I was close to it, and it was the best I ever felt.

Why is it so difficult? I think partly because we have different constitutions and there IS no "one perfect diet." One person does great on mostly fruit, and another (like me when I tried that) go under. I say under because of the great depression that overcame me at that time, followed by a lot of missteps in my life that included abandoning raw altogether.

The last time I ate a few bananas all in one day (in smoothies) it became clear I am allergic to them in a serious way. Maybe it's the latex in them.

I wish there were well-defined types of raw diet which would between them all include everyone to work well, but the fact is that we have to find out for ourselves what works for us.

What I hope to share here (now back again after a long hiatus) is what IS working for me, at least on a meal by meal or dish by dish basis. I used to get so many great ideas here, but in more recent years it's pretty hit or miss whether anyone will respond to a post -- and here I am responding to a post from over six months ago.

I do not believe that what you eat makes you more or less spiritual, though there are some things that might make you really unclean and sick. I used to believe that (that it made people more spiritual). Like Jesus said, it's not what you put in your mouth that makes you defiled -- but what comes out of your mouth.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: April 06, 2018 02:26PM

@Avocadess. What an excellent comment. Thank you so much. I can't do 100% raw, either. But in spring and summer, that's the way to go, especially for those of us who garden. And if you have children, it is too difficult to make separate meals for everyone, so you just end up eating (at least to some degree) what the other members of the household are. And they - right or wrong - want mostly COOKED.

You are right about the individual's constitution. No point in us pretending we are all the same. I wouldn't go along with every thing that Christ was supposed to have said. Could we be "defiled" by what we put into our mouth? Yes, we could. What about people who eat dogs and cats (barring a starvation situation of course)? In certain parts of this world, they just like the taste and such meat is readily available, so, hey, let's chow down on Little Chow.

Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: June 14, 2020 01:03PM

I'm back after a long absence and see that it is, indeed, a bit of a "ghost town" <g>. Good term.

Raw food is hard, but only if you're missing things in it. I have battled, and am still battling, but I found the answer when I went 10 years ago to Hippocrates Health Institute (HHI). They gave us the "formula" to follow and it works! Unfortunately, it's been 10 years of battling with mold issues in wheatgrass that has been difficult. But I'm still alive today, thanks to them!! I'm eternally grateful!

(The reason I came to the forum was to see if I could find some help from anyone on where to find a good dehumidifer.)

A week ago Thursday I found a marvellous YouTube video where John Coliss (sp??) interviewed a microgreens grower who gave away the "secrets" to growing wheatgrass and I've been on the hunt for the tools ever since!!

At any rate, getting back to the question, I'm hypothyroid and an Atomic Veteran, as someone commented here long ago that I was just reminded of in personal msg. I can't eat cooked food and that's been my life for over 30 years. I'm 58 now and received radioactive iodine therapy to kill (can you imagine?!!!) my overactive thyroid which pretty much messed things up, when I was 18, 40 years ago now.

I'd struggled with a transition diet for a couple of decades before HHI. And what I learned there is this:

The basics for the diet are wheatgrass juice, sunflower seed sprouts and juice, pea shoot sprouts and juice, and good water and good air plus all those other things we're recommended to do that make sense -- lower stresses, have fulfilling lives, strong family connections as possible, etc., etc.

When I'm managed it in the past with a good job and could buy the wheatgrass and juice it, I did stupendously! A paradigm shift happens and pretty quickly on the HHI plan! There are absolutely no cravings, life is light and balanced and it's just such a good place to be!!

I now know I'll be there again and within weeks. NO MORE WHEATGRASS MOLD!!!!!!! <lol>

So if all you do is incorporate wheatgrass juice daily, working up to 4 oz. total, 2 in morning and 2 in evening, and add in 2 salads a day with sunflower and pea shoot sprouts, that alone will do wonders!!

Anyway, good luck to everyone! Best wishes.

Diana. yawning smileyD

Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: June 14, 2020 01:08PM

Sorry, should have posted the link to the video I mention above that, I believe, gives away all the "secrets" on growing microgreens successfully:

[www.youtube.com]

yawning smileyD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables