Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello!please help x
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2007 05:14PM

hey everyone, i have been vegetarian since age 11 then once my mind was more aware i became vegan four years ago, i have recently been researching raw veganism and i find the idea very appealing. however i have found limited information on *the rules* so to speak. i understand the idealogy of it physically and economically. but i would just like to know what im allowed and not allowed to eat follwing this.
aka soya shakes? or is the diet basically made up of everything you buy raw. this may sound silly but im new to this! please help

xxannekaxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello!please help x
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 14, 2007 12:25AM

Well, there are no 'rules' as such, just get to a diet you feel comfortable with. Most people use a percentage to say roughly how raw they are, with 100% meaning you eat only raw and 80% meaning you eat mostly raw but some cooked.

There are foods that aren't usually eaten on a raw diet, soya being one of them, it's not good to eat raw (soya milk is cooked). Regular potatoes are another food most people don't eat raw.

If you are wanting to make a shake, you can make your own milk from nuts or seeds, hemp milk being my favourite (for it's nutritional content), but you can use almonds, sesame seeds, etc.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables