Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to this forum!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2007 07:05PM

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am posting on this site as I don't know many other raw fooders. I am very passionate about doing the raw food diet but as a 24 year old who works in the city of London it is not really the "norm" and so I sometimes feel slightly issolated, although I have managed to influence some unlikely people without and real pursuasion or coersion on my part.

I have been building up to becoming 100% for a while now and today is my first day going completely raw. I have a bit of a headache which I think is down to detoxing. Has anyone else experience this?

M-T

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to this forum!
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 14, 2007 07:59PM

It is possible that it could be detox. In the event that there are no other factors influencing your headache, what has happened to many of us is that toxic stuff that should never be hanging around in the first place is stirred up before being eliminated, as the body is provided with extra energy from nourishing foods. During that time, there may be headaches or other minor discomforts.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2007 08:02PM

Thanks for the reply. It is starting to go actually. I feel really good for doing it and I expected to have more cravings. Bread has always been my biggest weakness. I am sure that there is something especially addictive in it!

How long have you been doing the raw food diet for?

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 15, 2007 02:08PM

Overcoming bread and other grain addictions has been a major challenge for many people as previous posts in this and other forums can attest to. The good news is that it can be overcome, with some people in a short time, while for others it may take more effort. There is information out there in books and online with theories and viewpoints on the reason for this.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: January 18, 2007 10:12PM

wow look at that salad.. Looks sooo good =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables