Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brand New! smiling smiley
Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: January 19, 2007 03:41PM

Hey everyone! My name is Christi, I'm a 20 (almost 21) year old stay at home mother to my nearly 3 month old son Jacob. I live in North Carolina with Jacob, my fiance Alex, and our dog Roxy. I'm very new to the concept of RAW. I recently starting eating more and more natural/organic foods, and now I'm hoping to incorporate more raw and living foods into my lifestyle - and eventually eat more and more until I am 100% RAW. The things I'm currently most worried about are things like weight and nutrition. When I was a vegetarian and then a vegan a while back (stopped being vegan about two years ago) I had B12 and Vit.D deficiencies. I saw a nutritionist but at the time I was just too lazy to work hard to keep up the lifestyle. Now I am a little older, a little wiser (since then I have settled down, started a family, and matured quite a bit) and I want to try this lifestyle. The issue with weight is only because I am finally around my ideal weight, and have been exercising to tone up and sculpt my body, I'm worried about losing a ton of weight with this which I've heard is quite normal. I'm currently a size 11 (only because of my 'thunder thighs' my waist fits in a 9), and I wouldn't want that to drop down to less than a 5 or 7...which I've had some people tell me WILL happen :-S

So any advice anyone has on maintaining at least some of my weight would be greatly appreciated.
Anyhow, I am horrible at introductions! Can't wait to get to know you all!

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brand New! smiling smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 05, 2007 04:00PM

Christi:

1) Eat all you want. Really.
2) Eat lots of guacamole.
3) Eat lots of nuts
4) Eat all you want. Really.

You'll be fine. You'll be slender after a while (or 'normal-sized'), but you won't look anorexic, you'll shine. Plus, it'll really help the baby if you're breast-feeding!

- Pol

Re: Brand New! smiling smiley
Posted by: RAW-vitalize ()
Date: March 02, 2007 03:53AM

Hello!
How exciting to read your story. Here are a few thoughts.
Supplementing is important too, as the soil is not what it used to be.
lots of greens / coconut oil / hemp oils/ avocadoes etc.
Good quality N-Zymes and TOCOtrinols will make all the differene. trust me.
My daughter went raw just after her 1st baby and she looked and felt amazing.
Research and be dedicated to your purpose and you will be amazed and amazing!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables