Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

need help getting started
Posted by: seastars ()
Date: January 19, 2007 07:27PM

Hi, I'm new to raw foods and need some help getting started,I have a couple of raw food cookbooks but once I looked at them I felt overwhelmed, these are more gourmet books.the ingredients are expensive and a little complicated.We live in a rural mid america town. luckily our whole food store is only an hour away.I already have a juicer, vitamix and a dehydrater so that should help get me started,I won't give up I just need some guidance.thanks all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need help getting started
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 26, 2007 01:11PM

hi seastars and welcome!well-that is me too! i went raw in this new yr. never even knowing all it entailed.i think some raw foodist don't do all of the fancy cooking. i know i went out and bought these books-RAINBOW GREEN LIVE-FOOD CUISINE...pahse one i think is a sort of detox kind of thing.well-no fruit.u can not have fruit on this.i just don't like chewing on a raw zucchini for breakfast.so i need to figure this out.i got the complete book of raw food.the rose lee calabro "LIVING IN THE RAW GOURMET".THE SPROUTMANS KITCHEN GARDEN COOKBOOK...BY STEVE MEYEROWITZ.THE JUICE LADYS GUIDE TO JUICING FOR HEALTH BY CHERIE CALBOM.MS.AND JUICES AND SMOOTHIES.I have done alot of smoothies and that is easy.i have done sprout bread.very good all very detailed. i soaked some almonds for days and then did not have the time to grind and soak everything and then u wait for ten hours for everything to cook in the food dryer.so i sure do not have it together. i hear it told on this site or it is my impression that some just eat like fruit and veggies simple and in there near state with no grinding and such. like just eat a banana and not make banana ice cream. or like eat an apple and some nuts out of hand instead of some kind of apple dish...to resemble apple pie or something.i can not get over the high calorie thing. like the raw pie crust is dates and nuts ground and put in a pie dish.agh! i guess u can eat without counting cals...sort of scares me to test it.anyway i have done burritos-using tomato and avocado and onions and the burrito shell is romaine lettuce and the bread and sprouted alot.i put flaxseed meal in my smoothies(2T.).i have made raw soup.maybe just pick easy recipes to do at first.it sort of hard-all those recipes.good luck.i know what u mean. thanks taylor

Posted by: RAW-vitalize ()
Date: March 02, 2007 03:07AM

Welcome to the world of RAW!!
Just a little hint.
Green smoothies are a fabulous way to get the nutrition in and enjoy the taste too.
Just to get you started...
3 cups water
1 handful of greens (spinach or kale or whatever)
2-3 cups of frozen fruit (strawberries Blueberries Bananas or a
mix of all of them)
Place water a greens in the blender and blend till greens are liquified
add fruit a little at a time.
If you have super foods or N-zymes,Hemp oil,coconut oils,add theses last.
Blend well and enjoy!!

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 04, 2007 01:21AM

you can go to goneraw.com that they have great recipes there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables