Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw from quebec
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 10, 2007 03:01AM

hello, I'm Cynthia. I followed this forum since a few months and I 'm enjoying very much all the posts coming from all of you... I decided to start posting just 10 days ago.
I live in the country with my two kids. Vegetarian since many years, I try the raw diet for the first time a year and half ago ( during three weeks) after reading a book about it. I realize that I gravitate more and more around raw food and I like it. Being 100% is my goal. blessings to all of you,
Cynthia

PS : I would be happy to hear from fellow canadians if any... also having a raw buddy would be nice too and wonderfull for mutual support. Just send me a message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw from quebec
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 11, 2007 06:18PM

Hi Cynthia!

Welcome!

I'm not from Quebec, far from it, (BC), but I feel like I have close ties to that part of our country - four French speaking kids, thanks to the wonderful French Immersion programs we have here!

I heard from my daughter in Quebec yesterday - they were planning on going to the parade last night - sounds like fun. Here in Nanaimo, the Francophone association is gearing up for our local Maple Sugar Festival (Festival du Sucre d'Erable!), and I should probably stay away, because I have no willpower when it comes to maple sugar treats. (good thing I never grew up around there, or I would weigh 300 lb and have no teeth left, LOL) Besides, even if maple syrup was raw, which it is not, the Tire sur la Neige is most certainly cooked, and I can't eat enough of it! (We have to make our snow, and bring it in, haha!!)

I've been raw off and on for several months, but really trying hard to say over 90% for about a month now. It can be challenging with such a big family, and everyone having their own opinions about everything, but so far, so good.

How old are your kids? Mine are 18,16,15,14. My second one just got her first car, and needs me to spend 60 hours instructing her about how to drive. One of the most stressful experiences of my life, haha!!

Hope all is going well for you on your raw journey - I look forward to hearing how it goes for you,

Sapphire

Date: February 12, 2007 04:37AM

Sapphire,
Thanks for your sweet message. My kids are 15 and 13. We were at the parade yesterday night in Quebec city !!! Nice to think that your daughter was there too ?!!!
Also Saturday pm, we went to the ice castle and also ice sculptures - a very happy time for everyone of us.

Raw life : for 2007, I decided to try to put more and more raw in my menu so to reach 100% in 6 months our less. Right now I eat always raw for breakfast and lunch. At night, sometimes I eat raw, sometimes not, progressing slowly so that in a few weeks, all diners will be raw (hopefully) !!
Detox : Not too much yet since I'm not all raw. My kids do comment on the fact that there is a lot more salads and fruits on the menu !!! I managed the transition for the morning though : they always eat raw fruits. Nice eh ? Must say, it-s not the same for the other meals.... My older kid is vegetarian, the youngest likes meat for time to time.

Maple sirup time : miam, miam... My father owned a sugar bush many years ago. No need to tell you the tons of sweets I ate !!! There was a stand seeling '' tire sur la neige'' at the carnival today...
In my family, we were used to eat maple sirup as a dessert, with heavy cream and bread...
No wonder I used to get this devastating sugar cravings !! Thanks heaven they're gone today

love,
Cynthia

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 04, 2007 05:11AM

I am embarking on the raw adventure this may, though I've been a vegetarian for years. I am origianally from the west coast but now live here (montreal). one of my concerns is doing the raw food thing in an ecological way. recipes i've seen involve coconuts and fruits that I do want to eat, but quebec in the winter doesn't have a lot of fresh fruit as compared to say, california. I want my decision to become raw to also coincide with my decision to help the environment. but also I would love to meet other raw foodists here in quebec as a support. thanks. -elisabeth

Date: April 21, 2007 06:02PM

Hi, protozoa,
Hope you're doing well -
How is your raw journey going?

Blessings,

Cynthia

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: April 24, 2007 01:19PM

hey all!
i'm living in montreal right now but will be moving to quebec city after the summer....it was my first winter in montreal and first on raw foods, i have to say that i prefer summer because there's so much more selection if you're into eating locally. does anyone know anything about the raw food scene in quebec city? are there others?
happy to meet you all!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 02, 2007 08:47PM

Hello,

I am a student at Université Laval. I Just moved here about a week ago from the U.S. I was doing raw for a while back home, but have unfortunately fallen out of it since moving here. (Adjusting to college life, in another country, in a foreign language is very taxing.) Anyway, I would love to get back into it, as much as possible. I would also be interested in meeting people.

Mario

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables