Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i wanna be raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2007 10:19PM

i wanna be raw people say since i'm from the country where they love fried chicken and deer meat i can't do it. i wanna be raw for myself i think its wrong to kill animals but i also love some meat. but instead of taking the baby step and being a vegen i wanna take a big step and prove i can be raw. its my choice but i need some friends to talk to when i wanna cave or give up HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i wanna be raw
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 27, 2007 06:27AM

HI there.....well it is hard but it is also so rewarding.....tell me about yourself...i am from california i am 22 just turned haha 2 weeks ago...and i went raw about 4 1/2 weeks ago..so far it is good...been a little tough but good...i went straight to raw as well....let me know how things are going..when are you going to start your raw journey??
good luck and feel free to send me a private message...if you give me your number i can text you....then you can always have someone to call or text as well when you need someone...that is what i have been doing with a wonderful person who is starting out on here too!!!
love sachelle
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:52AM

the first month I went raw I went 99% then I allowed myself to cheat once a week. Staying raw is easy for me. Saying goodbye to cooked is hard. I am weaning myself and I think it is working well for me. Everyone is different. You have to find what works best for you. Good luck and get ready to feel so much better.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 13, 2007 10:06AM

dive in

see u at the deeep end

Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 13, 2007 07:19PM

Hi

I just started out raw also (again). I don't think I'm 2 weeks yet. Try eating raw

mushrooms in place of your meat. Mix it in a big salad. Makes you think you are

eating meat. Someone I can't remember who told me to make sure to put banana's and

greens (any kind) into a blender at least two a day to help you stay raw. So far

it's working.

P.S I love this forum everyone is sooooooo helpful

Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: March 27, 2007 08:21PM

Hello, I am very new to this. I am trying this out because I have eczema really bad and I am really tired of all the ointments and pills I am given. I am researching all of this and thinking I want to try it out. Any helpful hints would be nice.

Date: March 29, 2007 02:17AM

Just start incorporating raw fruits and vegetables. If it works for you, set goals. That works for me. I plan when I am not going to eat raw. I do well with delayed gratification. There are a lot of great recipes on the site from sad to raw. Research it and make the change. Be prepared to face some emotional food issues. if you have questions there are a lot of people here who are so informed and willing to help.

Posted by: noff ()
Date: March 29, 2007 08:51PM

I want to go raw too. I've tried cold turkey a few weeks ago but only made it four days. Any time you want you can email me if you want and we can try to get through this together. winking smiley

Date: April 02, 2007 03:31AM

No kidding about the emotional food issues!! I am in Texas and people think you must some kind of space alien (or tree-hugging hippie) if you eat vegetarian. Not eating meat is easy, explaining the reasons why are hard!!

Date: April 02, 2007 02:56PM

I am from Texas too. When people give you grief tell them to look around and count all the fat people.

Date: April 05, 2007 03:24AM

No kidding, and I am in San Antonio which has the honor of being the fattest city in the US. I take it as a personal challenge to keep my gallbladder while living here.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 12, 2007 04:46AM

haa haa smiling smiley

Date: April 20, 2007 01:57AM

Hey, I'm in NYC and still get the same reaction when I saw I want to go raw. I agree, explaining it is more than half the battle! I am trying to transition into raw again, I was raw for 3 months last year but stopped when I broke my foot and couldn't shop for myself. Ever since then, i've tried to transition back to raw but always failed. I'm in dire need of support. I'd love to have a contact and/or support people if anyone else is up for it too! Let me know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables