Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New-Need help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:27PM

Hi I am new here. I am a 30yo mother of 4 kids I that I homeschool. To be honest I have needed to do something and get healthy for years now, and after 3 babies back to back i put on a lot of weight and I haven't been able to get any of it off. But I have been lazy and just didn't want to do anything about it, not to mention super busy with 4 kids at home all the time. the last 2 years I have started feeling so bad tired, just ill, cranky, depressed, anxiety you name it I felt it. So I went to the doctor for the depression and anxiety. I really don't like taking things but I just could not cope otherwise. When I went back for a checkup she wanted to do bloodwork. It came back that I had Polycystic Ovarian Sydrome OR Metabolic Syndrome. she said they have very similair symptoms. She said in short my body was producing too much insulin and if I didn't take care of it I would become Diabetic. Can you say wake up call! so I am on a med for that too.

But I know I hae GOT to change my eating. I already LOVE fruits and veggies and would not like ANY help that could be offered on how best to begin. I do not have the money right now to go out and gets books. Webpages and just info on how to get started would be most helpful. Lists of RAW foods or things I can eat. Although I know it is pretty self explanatory, When I start writing a list it is fairly small so I know I must be missing something. and just how do you do this without getting bored of eating?

thank you for listening

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New-Need help
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:48AM

You should post this on the discussion forum. The site "from sad to raw' has a whole lot of recipes to get started with. Go to the recipe section of this site.

I started eating mostly raw 6 months ago and the changes in my health are/were head spinning. No matter what is wrong with you, eating raw will help you to feel better. Good luck!!

Another homeschooling mom,
Kise'

Posted by: alphadee00 ()
Date: July 22, 2007 03:20PM

Hi there New-Need help

I wonder if you would let me have your private e-mail address. I am an R.N. and interested in your case but need to cover a whole lot of stuff that might not be compatible with this site.

If okay with you please e-mail me on alphadee00@hotmail.com
Please put in the subject line: New-Need help otherwise the filter will spam the message.

Thanks

Dee

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2007 03:27PM

if you are home schooling i would take that opportunity to work in a *gym* class with your children

as you said you are lazy , and getting out of the *lazy* habit will be a great example for your children right? smiling smiley

im sure youre running ragged after 4 kids for sure .. but thats work .. not PLAY

a one hour recreation time for you will do wonders for your diebetic condition AND your mental health

diet is one peice of the puzzle ..not the whole pie smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2007 05:18PM

one thing i would also start with is try using an online caluculator like fitday to start tracking your food intake
[www.fitday.com]
its a very easy tool to use and will give you a TON of insight on your eating habits

next i would identify what fruits and veggies you love , there is a right way and a wrong way to going aobut this .. david Z mason has an AWESOME list of rawfoods on his site here .. see master list of raw foods [www.rawfoodfarm.com]

ask questions on the main forum here , if you are pre-diabetic you are LUCKY because you have the chance now to turn it around before you cant, investigate the possibility that it is the fat in your diet as well as the sugar that is causing your pre-diabetic conditions, 80-10-10 concept covers this

find free or cheap food for your family by foraging or visting farmers markets found here i dont know where you live so ive included canada and usa if your from anywhere else in the world you should be able to google and fidn something similar smiling smiley

canada [marketplace.chef2chef.net]
usa [marketplace.chef2chef.net]
pick your own usa or canada [www.pickyourown.org]
or WWOOF for working in exchange for produce [www.wwoof.org]

any/all of these rescources can save you some$$$ and witha brood of 4 you have lots of little extra hands available smiling smiley (and its good exercise lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2007 05:20PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables