Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I've hit a wall
Posted by: rcone ()
Date: March 03, 2007 06:00AM

Hi Everyone, I started this journey 23 feb 07. So I'm really new. Today was a really bizarre day. I didn't want to do anything all day. My attitude has really gone to pot and I don't want to eat anything on this lifestyle. I had some ramien about three this morning. I got up about 2:25 pm. Had a little canteloupe, took my vitamins and watched tv for hours. No energy. No will. I had some mixed beans my wife made and two slices of whole wheat bread. I did put some real butter on both slices and some in my beans as well. I did manage to drink a fair amount of water today. The worst thing is I felt really lousy and pretty dizzy at times. Don't feel like I have the flue or anything. Sure need something to hold on to right now. Can someone relate. Thanks.

Ron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I've hit a wall
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 03, 2007 02:19PM

YES, I can relate. It is so wierd how I will have days that are super hard. Yesterday was one of them. I never felt satisfied. I was feeling a little sick from a cold and watched TV a little too much and a pizza commercial kept coming on. I wanted that pizza so badly. I live way out in the country and it would have been hard to get. The thing is the last time I had pizza it didn't taste all that great and it made me sick. Nothing could satisfy me, even what I was doing. I didn't want to read, paint, watch tv, clean house. I feel like I am driving myself crazy from the inside out on those days. I have experienced days like this before and they seem to be completely gone the next day. For me anyway. I wonder if it has to do with my addictions to food. I don't know. Before raw I think I would have fed my discontent with food.

Date: March 03, 2007 09:09PM

Thanks pakd4fun. Today is a little better. But it's only noon. Have a few muscle aches in my upper thighs. Haven't a clue. Well, thank God I'm not the only one who had hard struggles. If you don't mind me askin how long have you been on this trail and did you journal to know what happened when. Just trying to hang on. Chow.

Ron.

Date: March 05, 2007 11:20PM

I started RAW in August. I went 100% for the month of September so I could know how it feels to be at my goal. My husband and three kids all did the same. I have candida and my five year old has/had some food sensitivities, which are gone now. After September ended we decided to eat one or two cooked meals a week. We plan and vote on what we will eat when we cheat. The kids and I have been vegetarian for eight years. We are doing really well and we are finding so many recipes we like. At first we made a lot of things we didn't like. I have an addiction to chips (pretty much gone now) and mexican food. When I eat it now it doesn't satisfy my craving like it used to and I seem to want more cooked the more I eat it. We also allow cooked eggs (from our yard chickens) and cooked rice with raw veggies on our diet. We don't consider those cheating. I didn't journal it, sorry. When we first went raw we all had different detox symptoms and it sounds like you may be having some. One thing I noticed about detox is none of us seemed really sick, just having different symptoms. We always felt fine, even energetic. Good luck.

Kise'

Date: March 06, 2007 07:54PM

Thanks. I've cheated a little but not much. It is still a struggle but my hunger is not near as bad. Onward through the fog.

Ron.

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: March 19, 2007 08:17PM

it is hard sometimes. Thank God for you guys, it helps me so much to read your posts and to know I am not the only one in this. Been raw for 10 days now. I've cheated a little in the last 2 days. Mainly I am not sure what to eat or what not to eat yet. Sometimes I really miss the feeling of being bloated & I indulge in nuts & stuff and then it feels weird.

Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: March 30, 2007 05:55PM

I've only been raw for 3 days and i feel very unmotivated. I mean, i'll get this odd internal energy but i deffanetly do not feel like doing housework. Hopefully it will pass for all of us! I'm ready for that crazy energy!

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Date: March 31, 2007 02:11PM

After the first week or two of eating raw I had all this energy but was only motivated to do fun stuff like paint or play outside. I had totally lost motivation to clean or fix meals. Funny.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables