Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELP!!! Any RAW MEETING groups in NYC??????
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: March 15, 2007 08:12PM

Ok, this is my deal. Pretty much my whole life i've been a vegetarian. Im so VERY HARD trying to go raw. Some days im 100% RAW and some days 50%. Or less. Sometimes I juice fast for ten days, only to screw up later. And i hate myself for it. Are there any support groups out here in NYC???? I am all alone in this, and none of my friends are even vegetarian, and when i go out with them its not that easy. So I need to know how too better educate and be more mentally stimulated into being a raw vegan. Any comments or replies are greatly appreciated. Much thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP!!! Any RAW MEETING groups in NYC??????
Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: March 16, 2007 09:24PM

RAW MEETING group in NYC

[rawfood.meetup.com]

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:15AM

Hi there...well congrats on wanting to go raw....like brian has said check the raw food meetup in your area and i am sure there is one....someone in nyc asked this the other day and i directed them to the site and they found 2 close to them....also this site is AMAZING for support although you might not meet the people they are wonderful and supportive and helpful...and some people may be from nyc...so good luck and post a diary if you want and there is a wonderful group of us...that are on daily posting and giving tips and lending support...i wouldn't have made it without this site...it is my number one support system!!
good luck and feel free to email me if you need support...always there for a raw food buddy
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 20, 2007 11:06AM

Hey there is one on meetup.com. Check it out. I'm a new memember. HAven't attended any events yet though. Let me know.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 20, 2007 05:34PM

Hi there. thanks for replying. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

I actually found the meetup.com, its on a saturday which is hard for me. will try to go one day. today i started again, day two on juice fasting. I just got on a scale and am really up. i managed to gain 20 lbs. since december, and thats only through the yo-yoin of raw/cooked. I feel like a big slob. i cant wear any clothes now to work, i repeat 3 outfits cause all my pants are not even tight, they dont go up my thigh. this positive energy has to come to me!!! i had it before, i really did, was doing great on raw. i just need to find a way back again. im doing a lot of reading, but still its not quite getting me there like it should. hopefully it will click soon.

what do you guys do when that feeling of not living raw clicks in and u get tempted to go bad???

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2007 04:47AM

THERE IS A RAW VEGAN POTLUCK PARTY AND SUPPORT GROUP THAT MEETS EVERY THIRD SATURDAY OF THE MONTH AT 7PM AT 138 SAINT JAMES PLACE BKLYN NY 11238 718-783-3465 /BROTHERNATURAL@HOTMAIL.COM

Date: March 22, 2007 03:06PM

thanks Dr. Natural. i'll try to make the next one... Have u ever attended one and how are they? And are u really a doctor??? smiling smiley

Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:02AM

I am a member of a couple of Raw Food Meetups...but haven't attended any yet. I plan on doing so very soon!

Date: March 28, 2007 05:45PM

theres only 2 in nyc....as far as i know... do u know of any other ones besides the ones mentioned above????

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 01, 2007 11:31AM

Benetgirl,
I live in Suffolk County on Long Island and I'm a member of the Baldwin Raw Meetup Group in Nassau County. If you want to come there, you're more than welcome. Next meetup is on APR 14th at 5pm.

[rawfood.meetup.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2007 11:33AM by brian1cs.

Date: April 05, 2007 04:51PM

Nassau County??? thanks brian. a little too far for me. I have only been to LI like 3 times in my life. I'd probably get lost. But i started going to a support group here in nyc on monday nights. have only been twice due to a hectic schedule. Maybe u can come down here if possible. smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 05, 2007 06:02PM

ive never been to any of these meets or support groups .. what all do you do? smiling smiley

Date: April 05, 2007 09:06PM

well, im on my second one. so i am no wiz. u basically walk in and either u talk about whats on ur mind or whatever the subject is for that meeting.

u live in nyc???

Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: April 10, 2007 01:55AM

Yes!
Plenty of opportunities.

Raw Health & Happiness Society Support Meeting. Monday night 7-9 Hartley House W46th btw 9&10Ave. $3 donantion. GREAT MEETING w/lots of support. 1ce a month 80/10/10 Pot Luck. (I attend most weeks)

I understand that there is another Mainstream Raw meeting on Monday's in the East Village - I think I saw that on Rhio's website you might look that up and connect with the contact person.

The Brooklyn Co-op has a raw friendly Pot luck once a month.

FYI Dr. Natural is not a doctor. His Pot luck is an interesting mix of business and Mainstream raw snacks. He is Essene and Mainstream Raw friendly. Wasn't used to my Natural Hygine preference. It's an interesting experience. Try it and decide if it feels right for you.

The restaraunt Raw Soul has started a support group as well as a food Co-op. Check out Ms. Lillian's website www.RawSoul.com for more info

NYC has a healthy raw community. Often Bonobo's restaraunt has Raw guest speakers although we don't know where they keep the coveted event's list!

NYC's Raw food Meet-up group is wonderful as well, we get together for events, this month it will be both Comedy night on the 15th and Kareoke on the 29th. We often get together and share a meal at a local Raw restaruant. I've been to 4-5 of these events! Great group - many are my friends. (if you have biz cards take them along)

I hope this helps a bit,
Feel free to reach out for more support - the community is realizing that support is the KEY to a successful healthy raw people.

Simply,
Lesa

Raw almost 1 year, Let go of 120#s, cured athsma, allergies, aches & pains...and still smiling!

Date: April 10, 2007 08:41PM

Donna Perrone is the organizer of the oldest raw support group in NYC -
"Accent on Wellness". They have raw potlucks at the Dharma Mitra Yoga Center all the time. She also meets weekly with her raw support group at Bonobo's restaurant. And she also sends out frequent email updates and leads affordable group fasting classes too.

Call either the yoga center or restaurant for details. Or just google Donna Perrone or Accent on Wellness.

good-luck!

Date: April 12, 2007 07:11PM

thanks ladies...

and lesa, it's me Andrea. hi. I didnt attend last week too much work...

Actually i was recently at raw soul cause its sort of on my way home. great food....

hey Radiant, have u ever attend Donna Perrones meetings??? how are they???

Date: April 20, 2007 01:49AM

Hey BenetGirl,

Did you end up going to any of those meetings? If so, did they help? It sounds like we have similar stories, I actually was raw for 3 months last year - felt great - but it ended when I broke my foot and could no longer shop for myself. Since then, I've yo-yo-ed btwn raw vegan and cooked (and very unhealthy) vegan. I've been looking for some sort of meeting and/or support group or partner so I can transition back into being raw.

Has anyone else here had a good experience with any of the earlier mentioned groups?

Thanks!

Date: April 24, 2007 05:38PM

hey poons,

yes, i started going. did it help? It aids....I do learn new things there. And the support group reminds me to keep on going... I already know that i have to do this. but u also get to hear other peoples struggle or success. And if u have any questions or need advise, someone will answer it if they can.

and that something bad that happened in my life made me go into a very non raw food diet binge.... lots of chocolate croissants, chocolate, pastas, bread, ...crazy to think what i was eating back then in just a little short amount of time.

Also i can relate to ur injury. My leg isnt broken but i have a horrible sciatica. for the past two years. but now its worse than ever. cant run at all!!!

but i do wanna explore more groups when i get the time... do u live in nyc???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables