Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2003.....Need Guidance and Encouragement
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2007 05:27PM

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I am very intrested in the Raw Foods lifestyle. I do have some concerns. In the past I have tried the vegan lifestyle, but my blood pressure would drop so low or my blood sugar would get so high that I would be sick. Here lately I have noticed weight gain and everthing that I eat makes me sick. I know that it is in the foods that I eat and I am frustrated. I feel really bad and sluggish and my skin is abnormally dry. I am wondering if anyone out there has had gastric bypass surgery. I love fruits and veggies and I am desperate to feel like myself again.Please Help with any advice.!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2003.....Need Guidance and Encouragement
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:16PM

Just start eating more raw foods and read as much as you can about it.

I have low blood pressure and some other health problems too and have also had trouble with a raw diet, so am remaining open to eating whatever I need, rather than sticking to a raw doctrine. Any salt, food additives and alcohol are really bad for me, and simple raw foods feel best most of the time. I used to feel sick from eating everything, too.

I know nothing about gbs,sorry, but most people go raw because of health problems.

Re: I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2003.....Need Guidance and Encouragement
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 10:13AM

hey there...there is another person on the site she is new to the whole thing too....i am not sure she probably doesn't check this part of the site..but she is under the diary section as shelly something or other not sure don't remember the numbers and such..but she is really sweet and is struggling with weight loss surgery and raw too!! you might want to get in touch with her...
be careful with fruits until you are healed on raw!!! good luck and let me know if you need some help or support..i havne't been raw too long but always willing to be a support buddy!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables