Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

newbie here with questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:53PM

Hi all. i have been reading your posts and you all sound like such wonderful people. allow me to introduce myself: i am 51 yrs. old. female. 30 pounds overweight. vegetarian for years, vegan for a while now, and have always been interested in going raw. i am trying it somewhat now. most of the day i eat only fruit and raw veggies. for dinner, a little whole wheat pasta with more raw veggies. maybe a homemade roll with raw peanut butter mid morning.

my questions are: 1. if i am consuming mostly fruit and veggies, obviously my calorie count will be low, will my body go into the "starvation" mode as it has done when in the past on "fad" diets? it is very hard for me to lose weight. the pounds will not budge. i am afraid that all of my dieting in the past has messed my body's responses up. i am afraid that b/c my caloric count is so low,now, going mostly raw, my body will rebel and hang on to the fat. anyone have thoughts or experience here?

question 2: i know raw is healthy. i have been doing lots of reading on it, but how do you know you are getting enough calories? or does it not matter? how low can you go? and is that healthy? does anyone else worry about calorie counting?

i love this forum. your reponses to others are impressive. i would appreciate any answers to these concerns..peace...rm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: newbie here with questions
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 04, 2007 03:28AM

Hi, and welcome.

Everyone is probably sick of hearing me repeat this but one of the folks here directed me to a wonderful website [www.fitday.com]. it has a calorie calender and you can find most any raw food on there. Just 6 bananas and 6 medjoll dates along with an avocado or two and the regular veggies and fruit I've been eating can jump my calories up considerably.

I've heard that Bananas slow down the weight loss though so I'm trying to find viable alternatives and keep my daily banana intake to 2 or less until I feel I'm healthy enough to do a weight maintenance plan. It's hard though because I'm really trying not to focus on weight loss and the bananas really help raise the calorie count.

I'm not sure what the suggested calorie count is for weightloss among women but I'd definitely recommend keeping count with the online calculator through out the day It's helping me tremendously.

Hope this helps.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 10:16AM

hi there..welcome and congrats for venturing onto the raw food journey!!!! and yes Fud is right the fitday site is a wonderful tool...it helps you keep track of your kcals and daily nutrients...good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2007 07:09PM

thanks guys...rm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables