Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm new & have questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2007 07:20PM

Hello everyone - I'm just starting in my new raw/living foods adventure and was hoping I could get some questions answered.
- How long should I soak nuts and what do I do with them afterward. Do they need to dry out, be refrigerated or eaten right away?
Also, should I be concerned about getting enough calories or should I just eat when I'm hungry and not worry about it? I'm into my third week of eating mostly fruit, greens and vegetables and it doesnt seem like I'm eating that much. I guess it could be that when I was eating a SAD I was hungry and eating all the time because I wasnt getting the nourishment I needed. Thanks for any advice, I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm new & have questions
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:00PM

Welcome. Re your question on nut soaking, there is no hard fast rule on it, a few hours is usually good enough, it you want to leave it overnight, that's fine as well. Afterwards you either eat them or use them in recipes. Keep in mind that some recipes specify to use unsoaked nuts.

For more information check out the FAQ of rawfoods.com and while you are there, take time to look at the other links. Some of the banners that appear at the top of the webpage of this forum offer information that can be helpful to beginners so you may want to check those out as well.

Wishing you vibrant health

Re: I'm new & have questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2007 05:03PM

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables