Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

never really inroduced myself
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2007 04:01AM

hi guys, i`m patty. i live in vegas with my 2 beautiful young children and my wonderful young husband!! LOL (he is 6 years my junior) i also am owned by a big old golden retriever who is diva and she`s 11 years old and i got her as a pup of about 10 weeks, a papillon who i rescued from an abuser/puppy mill situation 1 year ago who came named as fred, a 15 year old cat named smudge i got from the animal shelter as an 8 week old kitten and last but not least jingles, a striped tabby typre cat who i also got as a kitten 2 years ago from the shelter. for a job, if you wanna call it that, i am a teacher`s assistant in 3rd grade at the school my children attend. please don`t judge my abilities there from my grammar and spelling here! LOL. here i`m off duty smiling smiley i am embarking on changing my life to a more healthy place nutrition and exercise wise and upping my spirituality. nice to meet ya all
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: never really inroduced myself
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 15, 2007 03:50PM

Nice to meet you Patty! I'm a 54 year old single mom of 2 grown sons, and 2 grandsons. I do licensed childcare in my home, and have done that for many years.

I live in Oceanside, Ca. but am from Oregon. I went back to Portland for a couple years, to care for my mom and sister. Both have since passed away, and I'm back where I love it..in sunny SoCal.

I found raw foods over 4 years ago, and while I was very high raw for over 2 years, I've been struggling the last year. It's been difficult to become an empty nester, then losing a sister and mother so close. I'm doing better though, and each day I renew my promise to be high raw.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2007 04:22PM

Prism Wrote:

>
> I found raw foods over 4 years ago, and while I
> was very high raw for over 2 years, I've been
> struggling the last year. It's been difficult to
> become an empty nester, then losing a sister and
> mother so close. I'm doing better though, and each
> day I renew my promise to be high raw.
>
> Love,
> Prism

my heart goes out to your losses prism. i`m afraid i may be leaning on you sooner than i`d like in this regard. my mom`s health is failing...she`s 82 i believe and macro degeneration (very mild) is setting in and she`s had some strokes within the past 4 years and a recent mri revealed she has loss of brain mass in her frontal lobe. they don`t know why though the last i heard. she went in for an mra last week but i haven`t heard anything yet. my sister is also diagnosed with an "incurable" cancer. congrats on your raw food state! it takes alot of insight and willpower smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 17, 2007 05:05PM

My mom died of cancer, but she lived with it and they didn't do anything for it..never really was diagonsed I guess, they just saw a shadow on her lung.

After 2 years, it travelled to her spine and brain, so once it did that she lived about 6 weeks. My sister was obese most of her life, and was a cook, then a computer programmer. She became ill, lost one lung, had heart valve replacement, and lived for about 2 years after that. She died within 3 days of being hospitalized the last time. Both didn't linger or suffer a lot.

Oh, you know if you read that braggs apple cider vinegar book, it talks about giving to people like your mom, and that many times there can be turn arounds with regard to brain function. You might take a look at that or visit bragg.com

I'm still taking my acv, and I'm on day 44 I believe. I take it 3x a day, 1T each time in a C of water.

I wish you all the best with your mom and sister.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables