Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wow-What I've already learned!
Posted by: azrael ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:43AM

I am another new raw diet experimentalist. I have been vegan for almost half of my life and I love that part of my identity. Because diet has been one of the important aspects of my life, I have read countless books on nutrition. I have read over and over about the importance of a diet that is low in fat and protein. I always assumed that my diet fit into that category. However, over the past couple of days I have been reading the posts on this site and have seen several others mention the website www.fitday.com in order to get an idea of how much protein/fat/carbs one consumes in a day. I was curious and checked it out. Much to my shock, I discovered that I eat somewhere along the lines of 35% fat! What I have always seen as a sprinkling of sunflower seeds and a few slices of avocado adds up to a whole lot more fat than I imagined.

One of the reasons why I have decided to begin the transition to raw is I more often than not feel tired along with a sense of heaviness. That could be the reason why I've been feeling this way. I also lately have been experiencing a sense of stagnation in my body, spirit, creative mind and life. Could this be contributing to that as well? My intuition is telling me that the cooked foods have something to do with this on some level too.

I have a question for those who have been successful in their raw transition. I have read about many who say that they used to be raw for quite some time, loved the changes the diet made in their life as well as how they physically felt and so on, but they eventually went back to a diet of cooked foods. Why does this happen if everything is going so well for these people? How can I avoid falling back into an old pattern that I do not want? Does anyone want to explain to others how they were able to successfully transition and stick with the new diet/lifestyle?

Thank you so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 03:47AM by azrael.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables