Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Here I am !
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 06, 2007 03:57AM

Hello all. I'm very new here, and new to being raw. I haven't started yet!

I am 21 years old and I live in the mountains of southwest Virginia. I'm a student homebirth midwife, herbalist and I'm in massage school. Whew.

I'm vegetarian. Initially I wanted to go just vegan but after seeing all your pictures in that super long post I know raw is the way to go.

I'm currently overweight, I have been pretty much my entire life. I am about 190 lbs and I'm about 5'4, maybe shorter! I was raised by my divorced mother, we ate a lot of processed cheap crap! I have been vegetarian for a few years now, off and on through those years I have been eating lots of unprocessed, though not raw, foods only to get into the habit of "cheap" (in the short term) processed veggie foods. I feel bloated a lot, and have very little energy. Truthfully I sleep about 12 hours a day! It's insane, I know, but I feel so in a slump. And you know what, I feel better since going vegetarian than I did when I was omni. So imagine how pitiful I was as an omni.

Anyways, besides being a student midwife I spend my time camping, going to rainbow gatherings, and watching films with my boyfriend whom is a filmmaker. My boyfriend works in an organic foods store, so we get a discount. This is the perfect time for me to go raw!

I'm going to spend the rest of the night going through posts. I think I might be making going raw harder than it is. I mean, logically it would be the easiest thing in the world, but then I see people talking about what percentages raw they are, and I am really bad at food processers and juicers. Besides that I am super excited to make the change.

As a midwife in training I am interested if anyone could point me to any posts concerning raw pregnancy. I know that lots of midwives recommend upping your protein at any signs of pre-eclampsia but I am wondering if people following a raw diet would be less likely to get pre-e in the first place. Any thoughts? If I have any concerns over becoming raw, they are purely from a reproductive viewpoint, as having a healthy normal pregnancy when the time comes is of highest priority for me.

Blessings~ Advaya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2007 04:01AM by Advaya.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here I am !
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 09, 2007 12:27AM

Welcome. Jinjee, from [thegardendiet.com] documented her experience with a raw pregnancy, which may be of interest to you.

Wishing you vibrant health

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables