Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

introduction
Posted by: Shubby ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:06AM

I have posted a few questions but not yet introduced myself.

I am 37 live and live in Canada. I am not raw…yet, but it is a goal of mine.

I have always taken care of myself but like most people was raised on milk, meat and potatoes as well as a Sunday night Mc Donalds visit.

Recently 2 health issues had my wife and I re-examine what we eat. My wife had to have her gall bladder removed (a result of too much meat eating) and I have borderline high cholesterol.

We really started looking at what we eat, and eliminated meats, processed foods, dairy, increased fruits and vegetables and cut out lots of sugar (cookies, white pasta soft drinks).

More research let me to the book “Go Further” by woody Harrelson, and in turn the raw food diet. I was fascinated.

Now I still do eat some bread, legumes and pasta, and am taking it slow. I have made some pretty drastic changes already in the past year, and am happy so far. I try to improve a little more each day.

I will try in the future to do raw weeks or something like that.

I am introducing more and more raw foods into my diet. Today I made raw almond milk, which is great, it will replace my soya milk. I am going to replace my OJ with freshly squeezed oranges.

I eat lots of salads and fruit already. My one problem is that I work for an airline and am away a lot. I do my best (and am pretty successful) to not eat the processed airplane food instead I travel with a small cooler with veggies, fruits, nuts etc.

So I will have lots of questions for you guys and gals. Looking forward to the adventure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: introduction
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:49AM

hi shubby

wow, cool accomplishment eating healthy on an airplane

good for yousmiling smiley

hope you are still having fun and enjoying the adventure

the name shubby is so originalsmiling smiley

Re: introduction
Posted by: skinnyhippie ()
Date: September 01, 2007 03:38AM

Hi, nice to meet you! You sound like you've done great so far with your lifestyle changes. Do you feel better?

I'm coming from the same place you are. Raised among country folk who think a good meal is a steak and baked potato or a pork chop and a baked potato and McDonalds was a regular treat for us. I'm giving it all up! I don't think I'll have any regrets.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables