Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone in/near Northeast Ohio?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 21, 2007 09:48PM

Any raw folks in Northeast Ohio? Would love to exchange ideas, places to purchase products, etc.

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone in/near Northeast Ohio?
Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:18AM

We are here!

I'm near the Southside of Cleveland but work in Cleveland Heights.

Where are you?

I have some links if you are interested.

peace,

Chrissy smiling smiley

Date: August 31, 2007 11:10PM

Still aronnd?

Date: September 02, 2007 12:25PM

Awesome! I live in Parma (okay don't laugh). Where do you do most of your shopping?

Patty

Date: September 07, 2007 10:17PM

Hi Patty,

I'm an Eastsider! We never seem to make it over to the West Side except to go to the zoo!

So to answer your question shopping for me is split. The organic things important to me not found at my Giant Eagle (organic chocolate!) comes from Whole Foods, Wild Oats, or the Mustard Seed in Solon. And occasionally I'll go to some local co-ops, I don't know if you're familiar with Coventry or Little Italy but there's a great one out that way.

Well, lateley I've spent a lot of time at the new Whole Foods in University Heights, or as my friends call it, Whole Paycheck. I work less than a mile away so it's very convenient but still pricey. There is also a Trader Joe's but for some reason I just never get to it.

Do you have any interesting or worthwhile markets near you?

Are you a Parma native?

peace

Date: September 16, 2007 12:56PM

I grew up in the area - Old Brooklyn part of Cleveland - and have lived in northeast Ohio all my life.

I shop as much as I can from Wild Oats on Chagrin (Woodmere). They have the best overall of everything. I also like a smaller owned store called American Harvest in Middleburg Hts. I work near "The Web of Life" store and I am not very impressed with it. I am not very impressed Trader Joe's for raw/organic selection. I also pick up organic produce at Giant Eagle here and there.

So there is suppose to be a big-deal vegetarian/vegan restaurant opening in/near Akron by Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders called VegeTerranean. As a matter of fact the grand opening was suppose to be 9/15. I wonder if they have any raw items on the menu? I would love to check that place out.

On another forum here, a young lady name Corissa posted that she lives in Cleveland. If all goes as planned I am supposed to get together and meet her this evening with a couple of other raw or raw wannabe friends for a raw potluck. Should be fun.

If you want to get together or communicate outside of this forum, send me a private message.

Patty

Re: Anyone closer to Westside Ohio?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 17, 2009 09:11PM

Hi,
Looking for someone who may also need support and to talk with about staying raw and just to talk about different recipes. I'm trying to eat raw and sometimes I fall back into old eating habits because my husband doesn't want to give up meat and I'm okay with that. I haven't eaten any meat at all for a year and a half, and don't miss it. I'm cooking two different dinners sometimes and that's where I slip into old habits of eating cooked vegetables, potatoes, pasta, etc. I work and sometimes late and just grab comfort food. Any suggestions. I want to stay as healthy and active as I can. It's never to late.

Grandma Donna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables