Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

introducing myself
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2007 03:48AM

.I am Natalie,I live in Bexar County,Texas.I firt found out about raw in 2001.I became an avid fan of it and stayed raw until mid 2004.I feel things started to go downhill at some point because I wasn't able to stay raw.It happened gradually,a little cheating there a little cheating here.I went from being a very slender 150lbs and that is slender for me,tonight i weight myself and am 205 lbs. I have been crying for the past hour,wondering how i will ever be slender again.I have tried to go back to being raw many times but have failed.I felt undernourished,I had vitamin deficiencies and iron defiency anemia.Sorry to bore you with the details.

I really desperately need some support now.I feel I have come to my final straw and keep wondering how I will ever be that sexy raw person again that I was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: introducing myself
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 27, 2007 04:29AM

Too many people think they have to be either a perfect Raw Vegan or a SAD eater.

Just put some nice fresh greens in your mouth and chew. Do it any time you want and DON'T deprive yourself of other things you want to eat. Just ADD some fresh raw stuff to your day.

Check and see if you have deficiencies that might create cravings. fitday, I think I don't know them offhand but there are lots of posts here mentioning them.

Let bad energy go. You're the only one judging you, we aren't.

smiling smiley Cheers, Jill

Btw, Bryan says he sees people fall off raw because of imbalances in their diets.
Too much fat or protein, apparently. This isn't my first time on raw either, so this time I'm open to all advice because I want a natural diet to feel fulfilling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2007 04:36AM by aquadecoco.

Posted by: Azure-Mermaid ()
Date: August 28, 2007 02:35PM

Hi Natalie! I'm a fellow Texan - I live in Fort Worth. I've done 100% raw myself too, but at the time had a very unsupportive partner, so I didn't stick with it. Now my new partner is the one who wanted us to try this, and I was ready. I too am tired of being heavier than I should be, tired of eating pure junk, tired of overdrinking and partying and just generally wearing myself out needlessly.

I hope you will stay on this journey and discover what works best for you. That's what I plan to do, and hopefully we can all offer support and guidance to one another as we make our way.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:33AM

Natalie, it must be hard trying to live raw in a city with the best Mexican food in the world!

I'm in Houston, new to the raw food lifetyle, and want to encourge you to stick to it!

Life's short. You can't go through the one life you have unhappy. You can do it, I promise! Take it one day at a time. I went to a Mexican retaurant last night and while everyone else ate enchiladas, I had a salad with avacados. It
was hard while I was there, but later, I guarantee I felt better than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables