Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting out of the system
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2007 06:05AM

Hi everyone. This is my first time on the forum. My name is Natalie. I live (unhappily) in Los Angeles, CA.
I am here to discuss with like-minded individuals the frustrations of living in this society. Is anyone as fed up as I am? Does anyone else find it impossible to be happy in their current situation? The wonderful life you imagine, where the only work you have to do is your contribution to the community, is possible. No "job" per se. No government you must give part of your income to. No viscious cycle of getting a job to make money, day after day, so you can spend your life spending money. Spend you life just living.

Why are we buying into the system that runs counter to nature?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting out of the system
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 09, 2007 07:08AM

Yes I think about this every day. It's confusing to me because each doubt about our culture leads to an infinite number of other doubts.
It's no wonder people look for empty diversions because we would be sooo lost without them, in our present system.
Many people would feel such emptiness if they didn't constantly fill their minds with movies, shopping, etc.
Part of me wants to live completely in nature, but the ties to common culture are many and it's perplexing to contemplate what would <replace> them.
I think children feel this disconnect and many of them fantasize about living in nature: for my son it was a cave and mountain home; all the time I was very young I wanted to grow up and be a beachcomber - not a nurse, teacher or actress; when kids play fort with cushions and coffee tables, isn't it about creating a simple, basic life?

Re: Getting out of the system
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 10, 2007 11:33PM

I hear you. My thoughts:

-We live in a culture.....in America.....with certain thoughts and values......social & economic....etc. We enjoy great freedoms in America. There are even intentional communities where one can live. There are many places....even here in America....where you can live and not have to get a 'job'. Of course, just about everything Americans do....and consume.......they are addicted to 'value-added'. There are many forests and other land....where you can probably go and live off the land...for the rest of your life....and no one would even notice. If you left this county....and decided to find a deserted island somewhere......or live in the rain forest.......you could probably live with an abundant food supply....and never have to work another day in your life....and no one would say a word........if you were so inclined.

-We are social creatures by nature. Very few, these days, are given to a reservist...and minimal/independent lifestyle. Most want MORE options...and MORE connections. Both sides have their appeal.

-I make MY choices...and am happy that I could choose any of the above....if it was more in line with my dreams. I wish you strength and great strides in yours - for sure. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables