Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hard to go out and eat
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:36AM

hello, i am attempting to eat only raw foods in my diet. maybe you could give some advice. when i go out to eat alone im fine, its when i join others where they look at me weird because i only eat raw. how could i explain it to them my diet without sounding like i dont eat anything. i've had family say that im starving myself if i begin and continue with this diet which i heard in the contrary that eating raw is truely beneficial to the earth, animals and our bodies. confused and unsure...thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hard to go out and eat
Date: January 23, 2008 10:54PM

Hey volcomchick!

When I go out to eat with friends I will usually just shrug off any concerns by either saying I had a huge lunch and all I feel for is a nice big salad or I tell them I have been craving fruit all day like crazy (neither of which is really a lie since I do usually eat a fairly good sized lunch and am always craving fruit!) I do not launch into any major explanation of my "diet" because that tends to spark debate and inspire "advice" (the kind that is usually given whether you want it or not! lol).

I was never one for having too many "trimmings" on my salad even when I was eating a cooked non vegan diet so no one has been terribly surprised when I ask for simple, plain salads.

Hope this helps!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 03:07AM

thanks again. i know what you mean about hearing comments wheather you want to or not. lol. my friends are very outspoken, and im timid.. so i usually just sit and listen and then have this repeat over and over when i go out. oh well, =) thats a smart way of thinking though,just say you ate alot earlier and no big deal.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2008 04:40AM

I let my friends and family know that when I go out to eat - it is to spend time with THEM, and support THEM. I eat before I go out...and just order a glass of water when I'm out with them. Its no biggie.

-If I go out with strangers, I just tell them I'm not hungry...but am there to spend time with THEM. If they make comments...I just set firm boundaries. My eating habits...and hunger....or lack thereof...are NOT open for discussion.

-When criticized (rarely)...I lovingly say, "I've heard your concerns - thank you." After that, the topic is NOT open for discussion. If people wish to be abusive, or grind an axe...or whatever...I let my FEET do the talkin.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:06PM

I agree with Coconut Chronicle's advice -

"When I go out to eat with friends I will usually just shrug off any concerns by either saying I had a huge lunch and all I feel for is a nice big salad or I tell them I have been craving fruit all day like crazy (neither of which is really a lie since I do usually eat a fairly good sized lunch and am always craving fruit!) I do not launch into any major explanation of my "diet" because that tends to spark debate and inspire "advice" (the kind that is usually given whether you want it or not! lol)."

Just put a positive spin on it and act like it's no big deal.

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables