Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: dating
Posted by: sagebush ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:37AM

some people may even meet, to eat meat, in the bedroom...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: March 09, 2008 05:14AM

^^^ eyes rolling, but funny. i will have to share this with my meat eating republican boyfriend. he will get a good laugh as i did.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:16PM

ooh, dr bustagut is in da house!

Date: March 29, 2008 10:37PM

I just joined 10 minutes ago this is new to me...Friendship with raw organic foods would be super.I Seek a tennis partner or hiking/dance or just cooking and fun male/female. My new post in personals is 005485. I am 100% organic and 75% raw and a chef author and teach and heal in 47 countries by remote means of the internet around the globe so I am home a lot. I can not date or have friends that are not diet conscious cause most cafes do not serve 100% organic so I bring food where ever I go.When everyone drops dead from either Mad Cow, genetic disorders or obesity I wish my partner to respect his body and be there after all others are gone....Sophia

Date: March 30, 2008 12:00AM

good luck

Date: April 25, 2008 04:41AM

I agree that it would be really nice to be dating someone who eats raw or vegan. It's good to be supportive of other's ways of living, of course, but when it comes down to it, eating raw is a huge life change. Not to mention, when I started eating healthy my senses got sensitive. If I smell or taste the SAD diet when I'm kissing someone, I think that would gross me out! smiling smiley I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Posted by: kangen ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:22PM

I'm new What does the term SAD stand for

Date: May 02, 2008 11:44PM

am i the only one who believes you should have something in common with a person BEFORE you decide to "love" them?

oh my oh my.

i'm not looking for anyone at the moment, but when i do, he MUST believe in the important things to me, for me to think of him romantically. If not, than it wasn't meant to be.

ps. you CAN help who you fall in love with.

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 10, 2008 06:10AM

Right on Greg! *throws arm in the air!* and everyone else who agrees with me that...

It's BEST to be on the same page, paragraph, sentence, word, SAME IDEAS, CONCEPTS,etc. as your spouse! Less trouble that way. Face it! If you're raw and your spouse is carnivorous, things just won't ultimately work out for the best.
Your spouse will always be sick and would probably die of a heart attack one day, or some totally preventable "incurable" dis-ease! Yay for mutual respect!

I'm not the "fling", petty, promiscuous boyfriend-girlfriend type, but if that's you and you aren't looking for a lasting relationship, just a good time dating...etc...date whoever you want! SAD people, even pro-war republicans! LOL!

coco, you're fun!LOL!

Peace & Love
Greensatva, Kgn, J.A., W.I

Date: May 10, 2008 06:59AM

Yes karmaheal! totally agree! My spouse has to be there when everyone else has mad cow dis-ease! lol!

If you're raw, and your spouse is carnivorous and you say you don't care what your spouse eats, you obviously don't care enough about your spouse. That's like saying "Honey, I support you 100% while you slowly kill yourself! *smile*" Yeah TheCoconutChronicles. I'm not saying a marriage should be based solely on food! It's a lifestyle - not just eating, and there is much more to life than the raw living foods lifestyle - alone!

I'm not saying you should coax them into submission, make them feel guilty, or shove raw foods down their throats chauvinistically! All those ways are the incorrect approach. Be patient with them, let them research it themselves. Discovering things on your own can convince even the most stubborn person! The facts are irrefutable! They'll change on their own and God makes miracles, so just keep the faith!

Brenna, I also believe variety is essential! Nothing more boring than " 'I agree with you!' 'So do I!' " - ALL DAY LONG! But we're all unique individuals, with different backgrounds and experiences, so even if you and your spouse share the same beliefs, life won't be boring if you don't want it to be! Just look at this website! So many people here are alike in many ways, but we're still able to give each other advice to improve our lives! By the way, I'm not a raw foodist yet! LOL! funny huh? But I plan to be very soon (mid June)! When I've switched, I'll tell you all my benefits!

Love, Peace, God's blessings to you all!
~Greensatva, Kingston,Jamaica,W.I.

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Date: May 10, 2008 07:02AM

Hey kangen! SAD is the sad Standard American Diet!

Date: May 10, 2008 11:41PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The reason I was turned off from vegetarianism and
> veganism in earlier years was because the people I
> met who were living this lifestyle were adamant,
> vehement and obnoxious about it.

I totally agree Simple Living! That's just the wrong approach! But please forgive them! They're fallible humans too, just like us! And they were trying to help...even though that was the wrong way to do it! Trust me I know from experience! The Raw Living Foods lifestyle is wonderful, and it shouldn't be esoteric because it can change the world for the better. But how you relate it to others can make the biggest difference!

>They shoved
> their lifestyle on everyone, condemning them for
> their own choices. What is wrong with people who
> do this?

Such forceful, insensitive, chauvinistic behaviour, is ironically against the whole ethical mentality of the lifestyle! One should always remember that there's always some quality that someone else possesses that they can do better than you. So be humble, kind and loving to everyone. One should never condemn others for their lifestyle choices, because there was a point when you yourself was ignorant of the truth, and led an unhealthy lifestyle! No one is perfect or will ever be (while we're on earth...) so we should be respectful to others.

I believe we do have the responsibility to protect and care for other's wellbeing but we should not infringe their right to choose. Gently show them the right way, ESPECIALLY! through your actions- Lovingly suggest research! and let them discover the truth on their own, at their own pace.

> There is no chance people are going to get the
> world to stop eating meat. It's a fact of life.

AMEN! So true! But we can help the improvement of the quality of living for all, one person at a time. It begins with "Me". And One thing! We shouldn't set out to change anyone! (Including spouses, or partners!) We should just set out to allow them to discover on their own. We shouldn't force anyone to do anything! Lay the facts out, let them research and come to the truth on their own. Let them choose.

> The best way to influence others is to live your
> life as an example and stop badgering people about
> it. You change things one person at a time.

YES!!! *woot!*

>
> If you want to be accepted for your veganism (or
> anything else), then you need to start accepting
> people for their choices.

Gently and lovingly show them the way, if/when they ask for help.

If someone doesn't do
> that, they're arrogant and selfish and think
> everything should revolve around them and their
> beliefs.

Sooo true Simple Living!
Hi Utopian Life! And yes, all this is related to dating! All topics overlap and can be integrated into other topics, because that's how LIFE is. I answered the question already but I just had to shout out that I agree with SL, even if this sounds like "counseling and pyschology services/listening services."

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Date: May 22, 2008 03:15AM

Although i'm really new to the whole raw/living food diet/lifestyle from being a vegan (my primary motive was, and still is, ethical reasons) I could never imagine dating someone who isn't vegan, or at a push veggie (if I limited myself to vegan singles around my age it would be a very small % and i'd hope a veggie partner may be more receptive to going vegan). Because my ethical beliefs are me, to date someone who is a total contrast to that would be very difficult.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:01PM

I have been vegan for 15 years...
I asked my ex to be vegan when I got pregnant, my daugher is now 8 and a vegan!
No animal products in my house!1

I would find tuna sub receipts in his pockets..as long as not in the house or infront of my girl!!

I went high raw about 3 years ago...in this time our relationship broke apart (not because of raw)...

I found that I became sensitive to smell and that "his" smell was BAD....
It just really turned me off!

Don;t you guys and gals find that ppl on SAD diets just emit this yukky odor??

I think I am going to be single 4 ever, because I DO NOT want to be kissing a meat eater!!
YUK!!

The way things look.....I will be single!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 13, 2008 04:56AM

single and alone is my fate till i die.
its a good life
i just looked at the moon thru my scope and remember the good old days when something so simple was enough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 04:57AM by Raw1228.

Date: June 24, 2008 11:15PM

But maybe giving someone a look thru that scope would be nice.
So I will go either way.
But I would prefer to date someone who is at least vegan,if not raw.
Brian

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:07AM

Loved your quotes MauiGreg!
As for myself, I became a raw foodie after a serious illness (as most have done) and my husband of 26 years is a meat & potatos guy who wants to stay that waysmiling smiley
I just buy him a LOT of meat and he bar b ques it himself, I add all the raw fixins and dinner is served. It can be done. I would hope that most of you would stay open enough to fall in love with 'good people' irregardless of their food habits, bateria breath, or body odor. These are such superficial guidelines~
I understand them..I really do, it's just that people change, just because you date/marry a raw foodie is NO guarantee that they will remain one smiling smiley
RawFood for thought.

Date: August 12, 2008 07:18PM

I've been 100% for a year and now I have some concrete experience to fall back on with regard to this subject. When I first started answering the question...hmmm could I date a carnivore? Well I was and my responses were always neutral, in the middle. I love him, blah blah. Love conquers all - sometimes it doesn't. And hey it didn't work out...alot of it had to do with our differences in lifestyle, not so much food, but it was still huge. Over time the elephant in the room just kept getting bigger and bigger until he stampeded right out of the building!

I'm now dating a raw vegan man and it is amazing just as you might imagine. We actually can spend time getting to know one another and not have stuff come up over food. We both sometimes pause and just savor the moment and the meals we are sharing. It can still be difficult, we are different people and argue at times - but it's a different set of circumstances and my energy is centered.

So no, no, no, no as long as I'm raw I don't think I can date or even consider someone who eats meat or even cooks their veggies as a life partner. I've tasted raw love and it tastes mighty good!

Date: August 12, 2008 07:34PM

yogi33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would hope that most of
> you would stay open enough to fall in love with
> 'good people' irregardless of their food habits,
> bateria breath, or body odor. These are such
> superficial guidelines
~
> I understand them..I really do, it's just that
> people change, just because you date/marry a raw
> foodie is NO guarantee that they will remain one
> smiling smiley
> RawFood for thought.

I used to feel the same way Yogi. I understand where you're coming from and I'm glad you're in a relationship that's working for you. But the things you listed (bad breath, body odor etc) are not necessarily superficial guidelines for many. They could be non negotiables. My ex bf is on track to develop serious illness - his eating habits are very poor and frankly he was beginning to smell of illness. It went beyond BO. We all know raw fooders develop the ability to smell everything. I still care about this man, but I could no longer keep my mouth shut about his reliance on medication for his heart at a very young age and everything else. His frank apathy towards his life in general. We will all probably go back and forth on this topic because it really is a subjective thing. Food ranks up there with sex & religion as being hot buttons. I don't think any one of us can really say what is the best or judge someone else's decisions on the matter or how they're living their life, even me. I can only share from my experience dating someone who is not focused on his health and is relatively unconscious to the extreme opposite of being with a healthful soul that I'm learning from -- Well I can see & feel distinct differences in myself and overall well being...being with a raw vegan man. And he does smell really good! Which IS a nice perk! haha. Just keeping it light.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 17, 2008 10:13PM

I wouldn't want the headache in the long run with an SADer. I'm always hearing of SAD women going through it with their husbands and stressing out over it. One in particular, she's 30 and he's 29. She uses being Italian as an excuse. Got to have the "red sauce" the lasagna, calzones and all he drinks is soda and beer. He's always in and out of hospitals and doctors for everything that's clearly diet related. Kidney stones, gallstones, chrons disease.....

While she stresses herself out buying vegetables trying to get them into him, cooking "healthier"(She doesn't really know what healthy is either but knows it's not soda and fried chicken) stresses her and the kids out waking 2 babies up in the middle of the night to drive him to the hospital, then she's tired all day..eventually that stress will catch up with her too. She breastfeeds because it's "supposed to be the best" for them..while letting them have Mcdonalds milkshakes. I don't get it. But I know I wouldn't want to deal with someone like that.

I have a friend that I used to like-like. Once I got into the raw thing, I got more turned off by the things he does and eats. He just recently quit smoking weed and now smokes cigerettes which is gross enough as it is but how many asthmatics smoke? His father can stay being the one to continue giving him emergency rides to the hospital for asthma attacks. I'll pass on being the designated driver. We have a lot in common in other aspects yet we're so different at the same time. I've mentioned health related things before and he basically laughs at everything. He cooks too (isn't that supposed to be every woman's dream man?)but really fatty, fried type of stuff and his brownie obsession. He doesn't gain weight, he's more underweight so that has a lot to do with not caring.

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: August 18, 2008 09:13AM

Honestly I have very poor self-control and find it hard to stick to my planned diet when my girlfriend makes such good smelling, non-vegan food... I know if I lived alone it would be easier to stick to my plan, but I also recognize that it is a sign of my weakness and is not my girlfriend's fault... she should be able to eat whatever she wants in our house... as should I. I need to learn to be strong somehow. What I don't like is that she sometimes acts like it is her responsibility to feed me and goes so far as to give me a hard time for the way that I eat. I don't agree with that at all. I see no reason why two people in a relationship have to eat the same things, or even eat together. There is more to life than food, afterall, and I would like to think the same can be said for relationships.

Date: August 21, 2008 12:40AM

^^^ It could eventually lead to conflict Jonathan as so much of our social networking and intimate relations are centered around food in this culture and many others for that matter. I'm already sensing some inner questioning on your part. I think in the ideal world, absolutely it shouldn't matter what we eat and I agree there is more to life than food, but in reality it does matter. You definately experience just what this implies in 3D, high definition when you become a raw foodist. haha. I used to be the same way regarding feeling it was necessary to take care of men and feed them, until I learned the hard way not to do that unless we had a shared agreement or something. Otherwise you risk falling into the mommy role. Anyway, I am beginning to ramble and just wanted to gently mention to keep the lines of communication and eyes wide open with your sweetheart. I wish you well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2008 12:42AM by rawangel.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: August 25, 2008 06:04AM

I would date anyone who truly beleives in what they are eating, doing, saying, wearing, whatever. Someone with an open mind, and flexible values, and a thirst for new ideas.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 10, 2008 12:17AM

Jonathan Barlow Wrote: What I don't
> like is that she sometimes acts like it is her
> responsibility to feed me and goes so far as to
> give me a hard time for the way that I eat. I
> don't agree with that at all. I see no reason why
> two people in a relationship have to eat the same
> things, or even eat together. There is more to
> life than food, afterall, and I would like to
> think the same can be said for relationships.

You're right but apparently you don't have a girlfriend that sees things the way you do. It probably can be said for relationships..if you're with someone who thinks like you.

agree with Rawangel..that will eventually lead to conflict even if you did get "stronger" and be able to resist the smells. If you could resist them, she'd try harder trying to shove it down your throat and take it personally and get her feelings hurt when you refuse. I got the same impression reading it..she sounds like the smothering, motherly type that for some reason feels it's their job to make sure the man eats enough and eats right. The kind of woman that belongs married to a sports enthusiast sitting on the couch watching the games with his friends as she's keeping the beer, pretzles and chicken wings stocked. LOL Seriously though, have you tried talking to her and telling her it's not her "responsibility" to feed you?

Posted by: LeslieRaw ()
Date: September 15, 2008 04:49AM

I would love to find an eligible man who ate a raw vegan diet. Wouldn't that be great?

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables