Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is is good to go 100% raw directly from SAD diet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2008 05:09PM

I was wondering how many of you out there went raw without doing a transition period? I went from SAD diet to 98% raw, coffee=2%, I am only on day 4 but I feel really good, day 2 was the hardest because I felt weak, cravings are terrible in the evenings. I have noticed that many people chose to slowly incorporate the raw eating into their lives, which is better? I have always been a bit of an extremist, all or nothing kind of person, I don't think I could stick to a slow transition because the results would come slow also.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is is good to go 100% raw directly from SAD diet?
Date: March 19, 2008 09:42PM

Paul Nison,a noted raw author,says in his book that if you can go 100% right away,then go for it.
But most people,myself included,need a transition period.
Good luck to you!
Brian

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:04PM

I always recommend that people take it slowly with a transition period, but if it is working for you then keep going. Don't get disheartened if you can't stick to it, just try again at a slower pace.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: littlegirl ()
Date: March 20, 2008 08:59PM

NO NO NO
not good to go from SAD food
to 100% raw
transition slowly
1. start eating green salads and fresh fruit
2. start buying organic counter parts to foods you already eat
(meat, cheese (raw), milk (raw),chips exct... bread)
3. cut out white sugar and white carbs
4. then start continually adding more raw foods into your diet
don't go raw vegan or all raw overnight
from a SAD food diet
you will detox too quickly and get very sick and this will discourage you from
continuing on eating healthier foods
because you will think
"I'm eating healthier why am I sicker?" and you will
stop and go back
so don't do it
for more advice on transitioning
go to the book store
and get
"The raw food diet dextox"
good luck
lg

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 21, 2008 01:48AM

everyone is different on this. i went raw after an 11 day master cleanse, and haven't looked back or had significant detox. many people have had the same experience that i have had (more benefits from going all raw right away than not) and others have experienced what LG has experienced.

i'm like you, kind of a yang-aries-cautiontothewind type. going all raw right away was right for me, and when i have tried to incorporate even a little bit of cooked food into my diet, it didn't work for me at all. i personally think its partly physical, and partly psychological. if you're an "extremist" type, you might be used to jumping off the cliff without a net (to mix metaphors). psychological comfort with change plays at least as much a part in the process as the physical aspects, if not more.

point is, find the path that's right for YOU. if you're struggling with transitioning at a slow pace, try the opposite. if you've jumped in with both feet and are not having fun with it, pull back a bit. but if you are feeling pretty good and up to the challenge, i say fight on! the immediate benefits of all raw kept spurring me on through the cravings, the rough spots, the social struggles, etc.

Date: April 12, 2008 03:11AM

I agree 100% You can start feeling really great transitioning to 50-75% raw and eating stuff like steamed vegetables, cooked brown rice, whole grain cereal, etc.

Posted by: julianraw ()
Date: April 12, 2008 07:13AM

Better is slowly transitioning into it. I'm like you though I went overnight and still there! The key is to eat high mineral foods,and superfoods.
The cravings you have are the body's need more minerals , and also you may crave those foods that are detoxing from you Once you get minerlaized the cravings will vanish and turn towards the good stuff.

Read about detox and learn what to expect, learn how to prepare foods, and where to get them as to replace your meals that were once cooked or even processed, be sure to eat enough and plenty of it and your body will tell you when you have had enough of something.

talk with others make friends with those that are where you want to be that are on raw, learn from them meal ideas,information on detox, edjucate yourself by reading and watching david wolfe's work, and many others who have been on raw a long time.

know why you are on raw. Have a reason have a goal!
But importantly take your time, be aware of what you are doing, dont rush, pay attention to what you are doing your mind set, follow your heart, live!

Posted by: nnaydolem ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:15PM

i slowly changed...took me a month. GRANTED, i have only been doing raw for a week now, but i like it. I am here to find new recipes and such. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables