Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie in NYC...question about fats
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2008 01:37AM

Hi! I'm new to the raw food community, though I've been predominantly vegetarian for about a year now (I just can't turn down venison.) I just got back from travelling around India, and while I loved it there, I gained about 8 lbs and really want to lose it. I'm a dancer, so it's important for me to stay in shape.

A friend of mine swears by Pure, so I've been eating there and at Quintessence for the last new days. I've fallen in love with the food - and the desserts!! That's what I'm hoping someone can provide me with info on...one thing I'm very confused about is calories and understanding why the raw books say you can eat practically unlimited quantities of these nuts and fruits. In my current lifestyle, I try to stay between 1200-1400 calories a day to maintain my ideal weight (5'5", 120 lbs). A typical day for me is a bowl of kashi & raisins for breakfast, a salad for lunch (sometimes w/feta, chick peas, or lentils), and a chop salad or kashi meal for dinner. I snack all day long, mostly on fruit...and I eat POUNDS of carrot sticks, sometimes w/hummus.

I LOVE the food I've been eating at these raw places...it's like a whole new world, I can still have raw veggies but they're prepared in a much more delicious way!! I still feel light after a meal. But I just don't understand how one LOSES weight eating nuts and juice, and since I'm trying to shed the vacation weight I'm concerned.

Tonight I had the Quintessence zucchini fettuchini w/sundried tomatoes, and then had the apple parfait for dessert. Both were just to die for. But I'm wondering if that sort of meal is an indulgence, or if raw-food people eat that way every day, and stay slim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie in NYC...question about fats
Date: March 30, 2008 01:39AM

fat is fat and its ugly

Date: March 30, 2008 01:52AM

LOOK OUT FOR THOSE TERROITS PLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 31, 2008 03:38AM

does anyone know any sites that have caloric breakdowns for raw desserts?

Posted by: julianraw ()
Date: April 09, 2008 10:26PM

calories!? Fats?
Your almost on 100%raw, just eat 100% raw and you'll lose the weight quick, your body will give you or take from you the weight that is ideal.
You dont calories unless you are a cooked foodist, throw that thinking out, its nothing but trouble. Eat to live!

You can eat as much as you want on raw foods, and it not just fruits and vegatbles, its nuts, seed, superfoods, like raw chocolate (cacao).

Edjucate yourself on rawfoods, and the lifestyle and you will find that your worries about your weight will dissapeer. On raw foods you will become even more beautiful than you can imagine.

Clean out your colon by doing an intestinal cleanse, and that will get you radient and glowing, then get into the super foods, like goji berries, cacao, hemp, raw honey, Bee pollen, wild greens, sea vegtables.

Check out rawfoods.com for products and info.

Take care!

julianraw

Posted by: batalionn ()
Date: January 14, 2010 11:55PM

check out raw-wisdom.com for recipe videos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables