Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouting brocolli
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: May 26, 2008 10:44PM

Has anyone sprouted brocolli before? I am soaking them now but couldn't find any specifics in any books. I assume they will be fine but just wanted to see if anyone had any special instructions for sprouting brocolli?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouting brocolli
Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:58PM

Broccoli isn't that tricky, and it's a really healthy sprout. I don't know what sprouting experience you have, but you can grow them in the same ways as alfalfa, clover or radish. If you already have a sprouting method for these types of seeds you shouldn't have any trouble with broccoli. If you aren't already comfortable sprouting, there are a number of places you can go for advice. [www.sproutpeople.com] is a store, but they also have tons of advice about sprouting. There are some good YouTube sprouting demonstrations too.

Posted by: Lollipop ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:27AM

When broccoli (or radish) sprouts grow, is it normal for them to look fuzzy? I've been washing them 2-3 times/day and it hasn't been all that hot, so I hope they haven't gone off or anything!

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 30, 2008 02:05AM

yes, thtat little fuzz you see is normal! It's not mold or anything...

Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 02, 2008 07:59PM

The fuzz is the root sending out little tendrils looking for extra water. When I see a lot of fuzz, I usually figure that the sprouts are ready to be rinsed again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables