Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reliable East Coast Seeds
Posted by: selfpete ()
Date: June 09, 2008 04:42AM

Hi:

What is the best company to purchase organic seeds from - I live in WV, so I'm looking to save on shipping and get fast delivery times (or at least a company who can get the product on the way at least within a day or two of placing my order).

If there are none, then I'll continue to order from the west coast company. They get the product out fast and are good quality. I have no local suppliers

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reliable East Coast Seeds
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 09, 2008 12:37PM

Johnny's (in Maine) johnnyseeds.com, Baker Creek (MO) rareseeds.com, High Mowing (VT) highmowingseeds.com -- these are catalogs that are sitting on my desk. Johnny's is pretty fast; I'm not sure about the other ones -- my partner does all the ordering.

Posted by: selfpete ()
Date: June 09, 2008 12:46PM

I'll check them out - thank you for taking time to respond, much appreciated,
-Pete

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: July 04, 2008 01:30AM

There are not very many organic seed companies based in the eastern USA..The ones listed above are among the few..Most seeds are grown out west where fungal diseases are less prevalent, thus these companies tend to be west of the Mississippi..

If I may be so bold as to ask, "What's the hurry?"..Seed purchasing is something that's generally done before the spring planting season begins..As this is the beginning of July, I can't think of very many crops that are currently time sensitive as to their planting dates..So, even if you are ordering seeds today from west coast companies for immediate planting upon arrival, you should have a several week window for planting..Unless you live & garden at a high altitude, or in the very far north??..

I like Seeds of Change, Salt Garden Seeds, Renee's Garden Seeds, & the Seed Saver's Exchange all of which are western companies, just to name a few..

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables