Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Buckwheat Groat Sprouts
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 17, 2008 06:08PM

Hello. I sprouted some buckwheat for the first time 2 days ago and they're really good. I had some with a dinner salad last night and this morning I've been coughing and my nose is running. No other changes in my diet, stress levels or anything. I've never eaten them before and haven't eaten grains for over a year. Intuitively, I think I need to give up wheat and grains entirely now. My body is immediately reacting to the gluten maybe. I'm not completely certain though and I'm curious if anyone else experiences similar symptoms when eating sprouted grains or wheat? Can you share your experience with this or perhaps with other grains too...did you feel the same,better or worse after eating?

Thank you very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buckwheat Groat Sprouts
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 23, 2008 01:29AM

I just have to say I'm very new to sprouting and I'd love to see the response to this question as well.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 29, 2008 07:06PM

Well, hmmm, I guess no one has any experience with this????

Hey Garrett, I'm new to sprouting as well. Since I posted this I eliminated the buckwheat groat sprouts from my diet and the symptoms "disappeared". I don't think I can tolerate grains or perhaps just buckwheat groats. I'll try quinoa and go down the line. I've been sprouting alfalfa seeds, sunflower seeds and mung beans the past few days. So far so good -- my energy levels have been soaring eating them daily. Just thought I'd share. How's your sprouting going?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 07, 2008 08:03PM

FYI I have heard that buckwheat is technically a herb.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables