Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I did it! My first Batch of Sprouts!
Posted by: maureen1969 ()
Date: June 14, 2006 10:17PM

I'm so happy!

Last friday, I received my sprouter kit.

Tonight, I had my first broccoli sprout salad! It kind of tasted like cabbage a little bit, but still it was really good! I added some tomatoes and pine nuts.

Thank you David Mason for giving me the sproutpeople.com link!

I have my french mix seeds soaking now! It will be ready for Tuesday and a sprout salad will be my lunch with avacados (if they are ripe by then), tomatoes and olives.

My dd8 sprouted the San Fransisco mix (beans and Peas) and she put some ranch dressing on hers. I don't know if she likes them or if she is just really excited to eat them because she sprouted them!

What a fun thing to do with kids!

This was so very very easy to do!

Does anyone constantly have a stream of seeds sprouting?

What are your favorite kinds and how do you eat them?

smiling smiley Thank you! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I did it! My first Batch of Sprouts!
Posted by: tummyANDyou ()
Date: July 04, 2006 09:55PM

maureen 1969 (I'm a '67 model & of a slightly different name),

I'm such a simpleton still as to what to have tons of so various edible house plants are our best decorations to recipes!

I've tweaked how quickly I go directly to a few. I.E. mustard sprouts require a second step from the scissors; rearranged from its goitrogen features, a spoon takes them up from fermentation or modification soaks. Going through this interruption gives its rewards, a favorite now is with the whim of a whif of orange squuezed over this. Earhy.

Other happenings: corn sprouts were toooo ewwww sweet.
However it might have been because of bulky length that accumulated so fast since shorter barley is not the bittertest thing after all!

2) Black sesame seeds lubricates the bite even as sprouts! A smidgeon is enough... or smudge?

3) Buckwheat got me a talkin to... but I've contemplated on the guidelines for quitting and I'm not quite there in terms of quantity for a taunt prediction of hypersemsitivity to the sun or strange vibrations in the skin from a tap that would be as from a spanking or evidently abusive hits of diet!

But I try to take the tips-tops and not be limited.
Also the edibility of this without sprouting really attracts me and give me more leeway in the warnings that weren't major over groats of which I retain the hull for molybdenum merit. (It mollifies more than demim on makin' the outfit when teeth are durable.)

4) alfalfa isn't enlarged without more knowledge. I can't sense a spectrum in which they're not toxic.

5)Tried lentils once with no success, but maybe variable potting would be putting them in a better light for that graph.

I agree, kiddies are not just dabbling with these observations but get involved.

Re: I did it! My first Batch of Sprouts!
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 09, 2006 05:15PM

Good for you, Maureen! I wish you much success (and fun)!

I have a pretty much "constant stream" of sprouts going. I guess my favorites are sunflower greens. I grow those on dirt. Since you have already discovered the Sproutpeople, you can find out about how to grow them. I use them in salads and soups. I like the way they taste and look.

I like to sprout lentils. I love the way they taste and the consistency. I use them as if they were beans. In soup, salads and I grind them up and mix with pecans and flax and poultry seasoning to make a Thanksgiving like stuffing.

I like pea shoots - also grown on dirt.

I have been growing arugula micro greens. You don't have to use dirt with these. I'm growing a batch right now on organic paper towels! Just keep it wet! They are so cute and easy and taste peanutty.

I sprout garbanzo beans to use for making hummus. I soak them overnight and then just sprout them for one day - rinsing several times. Then I put them into the food processor and twirl them around a couple of times. Enough to chop them up some, but not into a pulp, yet. Then put them back into the collandar and rinse until the water runs clear. Then back to the food processor to complete the recipe. This makes them easier to digest.

I sprout mung beans and use in salads and soups. Just be careful of the ones that don't absorb any water. It's a good idea to pick through them first before adding to foods - you could save yourself a broken tooth and trip to the dentist.

Basically - if you're new to sprouting - try everything. It's just so dang much fun! Trial and error - Live and Learn - It's all good!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables