Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gardening with Cats
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2008 09:56PM

Me and DH live on my fathers property.
He has about 30 cats and I have one. While I can handle my one its the 30 I cannot handle.
I want to create a garden but how can I keep the cays out of it?
I want to grow things for salad, clover and dandelions as well and they will be very sensitive because I dont want the cats to pee on them.

What can I do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gardening with Cats
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2008 04:46AM

Chicken wire is cheap...and would certainly work to fence it in. Galvanized wire fencing is also good...and not too expensive. Heck...you could forage spare lumber (like pallets) and build a little garden fence. Whatever works for you. Even a few thrift store sheets strung between scavenged branches or lumber posts would work. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Gardening with Cats
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2008 01:23AM

I just had to answer this one. My wife Helen and I are starting a 20 acre farm in New Mexico, and we have ten cats. So far we have not had a problem with they digging up anything or being to destructive, and they certainly keep the rodent population in check. I suppose if they get to be a problem, chicken wire may be the answer, but I can assure you it would have to include a full cover on top. Our cats would laugh hysterically at any attempt to keep them out with just a chicken wire fence. They only cat proof fence I can think of is a fence about 7 feet high, with a smooth sheet metal strip at least 15 to 18 inches wide at 45 degree angle facing over the side where the cats are to be limited. Even our cats can't play spider man by walking upside down on smooth sheet metal. We may fence our 20 acres in this way just to keep our cats safe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables