Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouter or Jar and Cheesecloth?
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 24, 2006 08:13AM

Hello all! I'd like to take a survey. Who here uses a sprouter and who uses the more basic jar and cheesecloth method to sprout seeds?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouter or Jar and Cheesecloth?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 24, 2006 04:20PM

Was doing a bowl and cheesecloth thing for a while. Then somebody give me a very basic sprouter which I use now. The sprouter is a little easier to use, but a little more effort to clean.

Ian.

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 07, 2006 02:10AM

I use a jar with a stainless lid. I found the cheesecloth lids always got "slimy" and funky. I also use a sprout bag, which works quite well.

Posted by: northernstars ()
Date: November 07, 2006 06:02AM

I use a 3 tray mini-sprouter and start a new tray every three days. Seems to work well. I also have some plastic grid lids to use with glass jars and I will be using them when I sprout beans and other larger seeds.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2008 02:15PM

I use the mason jars with the plastic 3- color mesh screen lid set that you can buy in most health food stores.The lids have varying size openings,which allow hulls to be flushed out.
Works great.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 16, 2008 06:29AM

I always just used a bowl and a plastic strainer. Soak the seeds.....rinse in strainer....sprout for 3 days....rinsing 3 times every day in the strainer. No biggie. Not much equipment needed!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:14PM

i use both the jar and the sproutmaster, but i think i like the jar better... [www.sproutpeople.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables