Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vermiculture, bokashi, or traditional aerobic composting?
Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: April 04, 2008 07:41PM

The first thing that came into my mind when deciding it was time to grow my own wheatgrass for juicing was to use the worm castings from my vermiculture as the soil.

I live urbanly and keeping what passes as a traditional compost bin isn't practical.

For a couple years I kept an anaerobic composter called a bokashi that used fermetation to process the compost. The final stage of that process entails burying the contents of the bokashi bucket in the yard or under soil in big pots. My yard is very small and intensely planted with herbs. After a while I ran out of free space to easily do that last step.

Some of my friends keep their vermiculture in their kitchen. The kitchen in my apartment is small and congested. I keep my vermiculture in the basement laundry room.
When my grandchildren visit they love to help me feed my worms. I remind my grandchildren that the red wigglers aren't "pet" worms. They're working worms. They're making me compost to grow my grasses in.

Is anyone else here growing compost to grow greens in?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables