Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprout a tail-Crack a Nut
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: April 28, 2008 06:12AM

Brand new!

I bought some raw nuts.Whats best way to activate the enzymes? Dont have machines yet.
Was told 2put them in water 4 24hrs and then dry them.Easy enough.Will this work or is there something I dont understand? What do I look4 that shows enzymes r active?

also,Bought 1st coconut. Mainstream says they r more trouble than worth can anyone suggest a way to open- that is relatively easy and do I need a hammer & sdriver?
Thanks
KIS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprout a tail-Crack a Nut
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 28, 2008 04:13PM

A truely raw viable nut will stay fresh for a while after soaking and may even show signs of wanting to sprout. A "dead" nut will not keep long after being soaked in my experience.

Cracking coconuts depends on whether you got a young one or a brown one, and how you plan to extract the meat after open. In any case I like to drain the water first by puncturing the SOFT "eye" with a screw driver, sharp scissors or whatever. For brown ones a hammer or any blunt instrument will do. If you want two neat halves then tap around the equator. If you want to shatter into several smaller pieces I like to randomly tap all over the shell to cause as much fracturing as possible then chip out the meat with a butter knife. It definitely takes practice winking smiley

For more ideas: [www.sfgate.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables