Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

does soaking / sprouting reduce fat content somehow?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 01, 2009 01:45PM

HIYA!

I mistakenly put this post in the juicing section, I think it was. After looking for responses I saw that I'd put there though I'd intended to put it here. This section seems more appropriate. So here it is.

Does soaking nuts and seeds reduce the fat content somehow? I have read that soaking them breaks, I think it's the fatty acids, down to what, triglycerides? I don't know the chemistry of it all. I'm just thinking that during the breakdown process, that some of the fat might be reduced somehow. In the initial soaking especially, then, by sprouting and rinsing, maybe more is removed.

I love the nutty taste but I try to keep the fat content in my diet low. And, of course, eating nuts and seeds help satiate, and provides nutrients. I'm pretty darn skinny though I eat quite a lot and have been pretty active. Thinking this might help put on a bit of weight. I'm eating more nuts and seeds lately but don't really want to dramatically increase the amount of fat in my diet.

Thanks, Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables